[ANN] Xerces-C++ 2.8.0 released

Boris Kolpackov

Hi,

I am pleased to announce the availability of Apache Xerces-C++ 2.8.0.
Xerces-C++ is an open-source validating XML parser written in a
portable subset of C++. It provides DOM (level 1, 2, and certain
parts of level 3), SAX, and SAX2 APIs and supports validation of
XML documents against DTD and XML Schema.

This release is primarily focused on bug fixes, optimizations and
build system improvements. For the complete list of changes in
this version see the release information page:

http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/releases.html

There is also a blog post that discusses some of the user-visible
changes in more detail:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog/2007/09/02/xerces-2-8-0-released/

Xerces-C++ is available in source code and as precompiled libraries
for the following platforms and compilers:

32 bit:

Windows x86 MS Visual C++ 7.1 (2003)
Windows x86 MS Visual C++ 8.0 (2005)
Linux x86 GCC 3.4.x or later
Solaris 10 x86 GCC 3.4.x or later
Solaris 10 x86 Sun C++ 5.7 (Studio 10) or later
Solaris 10 SPARC GCC 3.4.x or later
Solaris 10 SPARC Sun C++ 5.7 (Studio 10) or later
AIX 5.3 PowerPC IBM XL C++ 7.0 or later
HP-UX 11i PA-RISC HP aCC A.03.x
HP-UX 11i IA-64 HP aCC A.06.x
MacOS X 10.4 Tiger x86 GCC 4.0.x (Xcode 2.x) or later
MacOS X 10.4 Tiger PowerPC GCC 4.0.x (Xcode 2.x) or later

64 bit:

Windows x86-64 MS Visual C++ 8.0 (2005)
Linux x86-64 GCC 3.4.x or later
Solaris 10 x86-64 GCC 3.4.x or later
Solaris 10 x86-64 Sun C++ 5.7 (Studio 10) or later
Solaris 10 SPARC GCC 3.4.x or later
Solaris 10 SPARC Sun C++ 5.7 (Studio 10) or later
AIX 5.3 PowerPC IBM XL C++ 7.0 or later
HP-UX 11i PA-RISC HP aCC A.03.x
HP-UX 11i IA-64 HP aCC A.06.x

The source code archives and precompiled libraries are available
from the download page:

http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/download.cgi

More information on Xerces-C++ including documentation is available
from the project's website:

http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/

Best Regards,
Boris