[ANN] XPN 0.5.0 released

Nemesis

XPN (X Python Newsreader) is a multi-platform newsreader with Unicode
support. It is written with Python+GTK. It has features like
scoring/actions, X-Face and Face decoding, muting of quoted text,
newsrc import/export, find article and search in the body, spoiler
char/rot13, random taglines and configurable attribution lines.

You can find it on:

http://xpn.altervista.org/index-en.html

or

http://sf.net/projects/xpn

Changes in this release:

* added some checks on the validity of out-going articles, as required by
the GNKSA2.0
* added Reply-To, Followup-To and Newsgroups headers in the Article Pane,
as required by the GNKSA2.0
* added !setcolor action, it lets you modify the foreground and
backgrounnd colors of the article.
* added inverted rules, they are successfull when the match is not
satisfied.
* now is possible to disable the threaded view.
* now sorting column in the Threads Pane is stored
* the header parser has been rewritten
* added double-click support when you subscribe/unsubscribe
groups (thanks to Lethalman).
* fixed a bug in the autowrap feature that created double lines
in some circumstances.
* now the "View Raw Article" is correctly stored.

XPN is translated in Italian and French, if you'd like to translate it
in your language and you are familiar with gettext and po-files
editing please contact me ([email protected]).

Franz Steinhaeusler

XPN (X Python Newsreader) is a multi-platform newsreader with Unicode
support. It is written with Python+GTK. It has features like
scoring/actions, X-Face and Face decoding, muting of quoted text,
newsrc import/export, find article and search in the body, spoiler
char/rot13, random taglines and configurable attribution lines.
[...]

Hello Nemesis,

cool, thank you, I like Xpn.

Even better would be, if the Application would be written
in wxPython :)

Would it be possible to also customize the fonts in the
groups and threads pane (I'd like to have everywhere proportional
(monospaced fonts).

Nemesis

Mentre io pensavo ad una intro simpatica "Franz Steinhaeusler"
scriveva:
XPN (X Python Newsreader) is a multi-platform newsreader with Unicode
support. It is written with Python+GTK. It has features like
scoring/actions, X-Face and Face decoding, muting of quoted text,
newsrc import/export, find article and search in the body, spoiler
char/rot13, random taglines and configurable attribution lines.
[...]

Hello Nemesis,

Hi Franz,
cool, thank you, I like Xpn.
thanks

Even better would be, if the Application would be written
in wxPython :)

Hmm, I don't think so, I like pyGTK very much :-D
Would it be possible to also customize the fonts in the
groups and threads pane (I'd like to have everywhere proportional
(monospaced fonts).

Not at the moment, maybe in the future ... but of course if you can't
wait you can modify the source by yourself, the files to modify are
xpn_src/Groups_Pane.py and xpn_src/Threads_Pane.py
just add the line

import pango

in the both the files, and then:
at the end of Groups_Pane.py add this line (do not change the
indentation):

self.groups_list.modify_font(pango.FontDescription("monospace 10"))

at the end of Threads_Pane.py add this line (do not change the
indentation):

self.threads_tree.modify_font(pango.FontDescription("monospace 10"))

of course you can change the font description as you like.

Franz Steinhaeusler

Hello Nemesis,
Not at the moment, maybe in the future ... but of course if you can't
wait you can modify the source by yourself, the files to modify are
xpn_src/Groups_Pane.py and xpn_src/Threads_Pane.py
just add the line

import pango

in the both the files, and then:
at the end of Groups_Pane.py add this line (do not change the
indentation):

self.groups_list.modify_font(pango.FontDescription("monospace 10"))

at the end of Threads_Pane.py add this line (do not change the
indentation):

self.threads_tree.modify_font(pango.FontDescription("monospace 10"))

of course you can change the font description as you like.

thank you for the tip.