    add to the YAML wiki, go for it.

    Thank you.

    _why

    why the lucky stiff, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Rich () wrote:
    > Wow. It is simple...
    >
    > A question - Is a YAML parser easier to develop than an XML parser (not full
    > functionality, just midlevel support)?
    >
    > -Rich

    It's a pretty close race. I'd say YAML has a few more tokens than XML.
    In addition, indentation can be difficult to parse. I'd say a midlevel
    XML parser would be easier to write than a YAML parser. Neither is an
    incredibly daunting task, though.

    Fortunately, you don't have to build a YAML parser, if you use Ruby.

    _why

    why the lucky stiff, Jul 27, 2003

  3. On Sunday 27 of July 2003 02:53, why the lucky stiff wrote:
    > > A question - Is a YAML parser easier to develop than an XML parser (not
    > > full functionality, just midlevel support)?

    > It's a pretty close race. I'd say YAML has a few more tokens than XML.
    > In addition, indentation can be difficult to parse. I'd say a midlevel
    > XML parser would be easier to write than a YAML parser. Neither is an
    > incredibly daunting task, though.

    well, XML parsers can be validating, then they must parse DTDs and/or XShemas
    and then i'd they they become considerably more complicated than YAML (or did
    i miss something?).

    emmanuel
    --
    "Droit devant soi, on ne peut pas aller bien loin"
    - Le petit prince, Antoine de Saint Exupéry

    Emmanuel Touzery, Jul 27, 2003