[ANN] ZenTest 3.4.0 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ryan Davis, Sep 13, 2006.

  1. Ryan Davis

    Ryan Davis Guest

    ZenTest version 3.4.0 has been released!

    http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ZenTest/

    == DESCRIPTION

    ZenTest provides 4 different tools and 1 library: zentest, unit_diff,
    autotest, multiruby, and Test::Rails.

    ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing
    code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker
    pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit.

    unit_diff is a command-line filter to diff expected results from
    actual results and allow you to quickly see exactly what is wrong.

    autotest is a continous testing facility meant to be used during
    development. As soon as you save a file, autotest will run the
    corresponding dependent tests.

    multiruby runs anything you want on multiple versions of ruby. Great
    for compatibility checking!

    Test::Rails helps you build industrial-strength Rails code.

    == FEATURES

    * Scans your ruby code and tests and generates missing methods for you.
    * Includes a very helpful filter for Test::Unit output called unit_diff.
    * Continually and intelligently test only those files you change with
    autotest.
    * Test against multiple versions with multiruby.
    * Enhance and automatically audit your rails tests using Test::Rails.
    * Includes a LinuxJournal article on testing with ZenTest written by
    Pat Eyler.
    * See also: http://blog.zenspider.com/archives/zentest/
    * See also: http://blog.segment7.net/articles/category/zentest

    http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ZenTest/

    Changes:

    + 13 minor enhancements:
    * Broke out example_dot_autotest into multiple files in lib.
    * Enhanced hook system so it can return true if event handled.
    * Sleep is now 1 second by default because life is too short.
    * Hooked interrupt with new hook system. First handler wins.
    * Hooked test results before output
    * Accurate test counts for Test::Rails.
    * Added snarl autotest plugin, thanks to Patrick Hurley.
    * Added timestamp autotest plugin, thanks to Joe Goldberg.
    * Added redgreen, thanks to Pat Eyler, Sean Carley, and Rob Sanheim.
    * Added kdenotify autotest plugin, thanks to Geir Freysson.
    * Added markaby support for Test::Rails.
    * Added hack to display a tree of render calls.
    * Added hook to perform extra setup for
    + 5 bug fixes:
    - Extended zentest to deal with rails a bit better... ugh.
    - Fixed @libs for windoze.
    - Fixed inner class/test identification in autotest.
    - Namespaced all plugins... eric is anal.
    - No longer freak out if rubygems tarball not in multiruby/versions.

    http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ZenTest/

    Ryan Davis, Sep 13, 2006

  2. Ryan Davis

    Paul Battley Guest

    On 13/09/06, Ryan Davis <> wrote:
    > ZenTest version 3.4.0 has been released!
    >
    > http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ZenTest/

    The RubyForge link on the download page doesn't work for me; changing
    it from rubyforge.net to .org fixes this.

    I can't remember whether RubyForge was ever at rubyforge.net, but that
    domain doesn't seem to be working now.

    Psul.

    Paul Battley, Sep 13, 2006

  3. Ryan Davis

    Ryan Davis Guest

    On Sep 13, 2006, at 6:38 AM, Paul Battley wrote:

    > On 13/09/06, Ryan Davis <> wrote:
    >> ZenTest version 3.4.0 has been released!
    >>
    >> http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ZenTest/

    > The RubyForge link on the download page doesn't work for me; changing
    > it from rubyforge.net to .org fixes this.
    >
    > I can't remember whether RubyForge was ever at rubyforge.net, but that
    > domain doesn't seem to be working now.

    oops! fixed. thanks! I think it was just a brain-o on my part.

    Ryan Davis, Sep 13, 2006