ANN: zip-ls -- Zip file listing program

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dave Kuhlman, Jul 19, 2003.

  1. Dave Kuhlman

    Dave Kuhlman Guest

    I've implemented a Zip file listing program that gives me some of
    the listing and formatting options that I've wanted from "unzip
    -l" and "unzip -Z". It's written in Python using the zipfile
    module from the Python standard library.

    You can find it here:

    http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/#zip-ls
    http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/zip-ls.html
    http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/zip-ls.zip

    What is it?

    *zip-ls* lists the contents of Zip files. It provides controls
    over which columns are displayed, whether totals are displayed,
    sorting on various columns, etc. *zip-ls* uses a configuration
    file (~/.zip-lsrc), which enables the user to specify default
    settings for command-line flags.

    *zip-ls* is written in Python, making it very customizable.

    If you have suggestions or need help with it, please let me know.

    - Dave

    --
    Dave Kuhlman
    http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman