    beast. Are there any commercial packages that do something like this?
    Thanks!

    -John Baima

    John Baima, Jan 19, 2007

  2. John Baima

    Mark Rae Guest

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/visio/default.aspx?ofcresset=1

    Mark Rae, Jan 19, 2007

  3. John Baima

    John Baima Guest

    "Mark Rae" <> wrote:
    >"John Baima" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I need to annotate a large store floor plan. I have the floor plans as
    >> images, and I was wondering if there is any software available which
    >> would allow me to quickly and easily create hot-spots and then
    >> superimpose text over those hot spots. And then I need to print the
    >> beast. Are there any commercial packages that do something like this?

    >http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/visio/default.aspx?ofcresset=1

    I did not think about using Visio in an ASP.NET 2 web page. Are there
    examples of that?

    -john

    John Baima, Jan 19, 2007
  4. John Baima

    Mark Rae Guest

    "John Baima" <> wrote in message

    > "Mark Rae" <> wrote:
    >>"John Baima" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I need to annotate a large store floor plan. I have the floor plans as
    >>> images, and I was wondering if there is any software available which
    >>> would allow me to quickly and easily create hot-spots and then
    >>> superimpose text over those hot spots. And then I need to print the
    >>> beast. Are there any commercial packages that do something like this?

    >>http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/visio/default.aspx?ofcresset=1
    >>

    > I did not think about using Visio in an ASP.NET 2 web page. Are there
    > examples of that?

    Apologies - you didn't mention you needed to do this in ASP.NET, though I
    could have assumed that from the fact that you posted in an ASP.NET
    newsgroup...

    Therefore, please ignore my previous message...

    Mark Rae, Jan 19, 2007
  5. John Baima

    clintonG Guest

    John,

    I have a background in CAD. Your floorplans are probably being drafted using
    an Autodesk product or another CAD program that can export a DWG or DXF
    file. The point is, you should probably be using the DWF (Drawing Web
    Format) which is a vector graphics file format developed by Autodesk. There
    is a DWF SDK that supports .NET. You should look into the use of DWF as it
    also supports PDF for printing and makes it possible to distribute the
    floorplans via the web for drawing and collaboration.

    The point is, you should be working with a strategy that is specific to the
    actual task and the actual objective rather than try to use an old and
    outdated product such as Visio to try to force fit a round peg into a square
    hole. Visio is a dead-end product in this context. If the use of CAD, vector
    graphics or floorplanning is a fundamental aspect of your work you have to
    get into what Autodesk has released.

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    MAP http://wikimapia.org/#y=43038073&x=-88043838&z=17&l=0&m=h

    clintonG, Jan 19, 2007
  6. John Baima

    John Baima Guest

    The Autodesk solution looks promising. They have a sample application
    that is a lot like what I need but I have not been able to obtain the
    DWF drawing yet so that project is on hold for me for a few days.

    -John

    John Baima, Jan 24, 2007