[Announce] A custom version of SOAP::WSDL released

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by giovans, Apr 23, 2006.

  1. giovans

    giovans Guest

    Hi all,
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place for making
    this announce, so please forgive me if I'm out of place.

    The SOAP::WSDL page on CPAN appears to be freezed, so I have
    released my personal custom version of the module, with some
    bug fixed and some feature added.

    Namely I have extended the support for the Complex type extensions
    and added a simple support for overloaded operations.

    You can find some more detail and the file here:

    http://giovannisfois.ig3.net/articoli/wsdl.html

    Thanks for the attention, have a nice day.

    Giovanni

    --
    giovannisfois (at) tiscali.it

    Impossible means not yet done

    giovans, Apr 23, 2006

  2. giovans

    rahed Guest

    giovans <> writes:

    > Hi all,
    > I'm not sure if this is the correct place for making
    > this announce, so please forgive me if I'm out of place.
    >
    > The SOAP::WSDL page on CPAN appears to be freezed, so I have
    > released my personal custom version of the module, with some
    > bug fixed and some feature added.

    There's also a mailing list for SOAP::Lite at
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/.

    --
    Radek

    rahed, Apr 23, 2006

  3. giovans

    robic0 Guest

    On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:32:18 +0200, rahed <> wrote:

    >giovans <> writes:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >> I'm not sure if this is the correct place for making
    >> this announce, so please forgive me if I'm out of place.
    >>
    >> The SOAP::WSDL page on CPAN appears to be freezed, so I have
    >> released my personal custom version of the module, with some
    >> bug fixed and some feature added.
    >>

    >There's also a mailing list for SOAP::Lite at
    >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/.

    Do you rat assholes make fuckin money off this pathetic offering?

    robic0, Apr 23, 2006
  4. giovans

    robic0 Guest

    On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:29:42 -0700, robic0 wrote:

    >On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:32:18 +0200, rahed <> wrote:
    >
    >>giovans <> writes:
    >>
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> I'm not sure if this is the correct place for making
    >>> this announce, so please forgive me if I'm out of place.
    >>>
    >>> The SOAP::WSDL page on CPAN appears to be freezed, so I have
    >>> released my personal custom version of the module, with some
    >>> bug fixed and some feature added.
    >>>

    >>There's also a mailing list for SOAP::Lite at
    >>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/.

    >Do you rat assholes make fuckin money off this pathetic offering?

    "Announce" ? What the **** does that fuckin mean? I doubt if any jack off
    code by you is any good, and I say this most seriously, what the **** does
    your post convey in its heart? Another fucking rippoff................

    robic0, Apr 23, 2006
  5. giovans

    giovans Guest

    robic0 wrote:

    > On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:29:42 -0700, robic0 wrote:
    >

    > "Announce" ? What the **** does that fuckin mean? I doubt if any jack off
    > code by you is any good, and I say this most seriously, what the ****
    > does your post convey in its heart? Another fucking
    > rippoff................

    Dear robic0,
    I'm glad for your interest in my post.

    SOAP in general, and WSDL in particular, are bad beasts to cope with.
    When I started working on a WSDL project, one year ago, I was lost. But
    the SOAP::WSDL module saved my life.

    It was a good starting point, but it missed some feature needed by my
    particular project, and yes, it had some bug. So I hacked it, for my
    purposes. And I made it spending my own higly valuable time.

    I have mailed my changes to the original author, and there is no bug forum
    or mailing list active on this particular topic. I have had no answer, so
    now my heart is in peace.

    The CPAN module page has been freezed for almost two years. In software
    world its a huge period of time.

    Money? Oh, yes, I'm losing money. The server is at my home, eating my
    bandwidth and my electricity. I'm not getting rich. My reward is in giving
    back to the Perl community a tiny part of what I have get in these years.

    My truly hope is that someday the original autor ( thanks a lot Martin
    Kutter) will be back whith a shiny new version, fully functional and
    bugfree.

    While waiting the second advent of the Original Authors, let's have some
    fun sharing sources and improving them.

    Have a nice day,

    giovans

    --
    giovans(at)users.sourceforge.net

    giovans, Apr 24, 2006
  6. giovans <> wrote in

    > SOAP in general, and WSDL in particular, are bad beasts to cope with.
    > When I started working on a WSDL project, one year ago, I was lost.
    > But the SOAP::WSDL module saved my life.

    > The CPAN module page has been freezed for almost two years. In
    > software world its a huge period of time.

    You might want to avoid responding to robic0 who is a known troll.

    Also, you might want to carry the conversation over to
    comp.lang.perl.modules to discuss what you can do to ensure continued
    development of the module.

    Thanks for your efforts.

    Sinan

    --