[ANNOUNCE] Berkeley DB XML 2.0.7

Discussion in 'XML' started by Gregory Burd, Dec 14, 2004.

  1. Gregory Burd

    Gregory Burd Guest

    Sleepycat Software is pleased to announce:

    Berkeley DB XML 2.0.7
    http://www.sleepycat.com/products/xml.shtml

    Berkeley DB XML is a native XML database engine for use within your
    product. Made available as a C++ library with language bindings for
    Java, Perl, Python, PHP and Tcl Berkeley DB XML integrates directly into
    your application, it is not a standalone database server. Berkeley DB
    XML provides XQuery access into a database of document containers. XML
    documents are stored and indexed in their native format using Berkeley
    DB as the transactional database engine. Berkeley DB XML is one of the
    most sophisticated and reliable native XML database engine available today.

    The important new features and benefits of Berkeley DB XML 2.0.7 include:

    1. XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 (July 2004 draft)
    2. Node or whole document based storage
    3. Optional document validation
    4. Sophisticated document indexing to speed query access
    5. C++, Java, Perl, Python, TCL and now PHP APIs
    6. Command line access to document repositories

    To see the change log for version 2.0.7, please visit:

    http://www.sleepycat.com/xml_update/2.0.7/if.2.0.7.html

    For information about the upgrade requirements for 2.0.7, please see:

    http://www.sleepycat.com/xml_update/2.0.7/relnote.2.0.7.html

    Licensing

    Berkeley DB XML is an open source, dual-license product. For more
    information on our license please read:

    http://www.sleepycat.com/download/licensinginfo.shtml

    For further information, please contact us at .

    Support

    Sleepycat Software offers a range of support offerings for both our
    commercial and open source customers. If you need help during any stage
    of development or into production, we have a support package to meet
    your needs. Please take a moment to review our offerings at:

    http://www.sleepycat.com/supports/index.shtml

    As always, if you have technical questions, send email to:
    or post to the news group comp.databases.berkeley-db
    (http://groups.google.com/groups?group=comp.databases.berkeley-db).

    Blog

    The developers of Berkeley DB XML will be routinely posting about BDB
    XML on our product blog http://www.sleepycat.com/blogs/bdb-xml -- add
    our RSS or ATOM feeds to your list of news sources and keep track with
    the latest postings.

    Sleepycat Company Store

    We are also pleased to announce that the Sleepycat Company Store is open
    for business. Hats, mugs, t-shirts and other items are available at:

    http://www.companystuffonline.com/sleepycat/

    Sleepycat Newsletter

    Finally, we are also about to begin electronic circulation of "The Cat's
    Eye View", a Sleepycat Software newsletter. The newsletter will contain
    tips and tricks from our engineering team, articles from our staff,
    offers for our newest white papers and industry reports as well as
    timely information about Sleepycat Software and its products. Find out
    where and when you can meet the Sleepycat Team in person at conferences.
    To sign up register at:

    http://visitor.constantcontact.com/optin.jsp?m=1011365871104&ea=

    Sleepycat's mission is to provide the fastest, most reliable and
    scalable transactional database for developers. Our products include:
    ** Berkeley DB - With over 200 million active deployments in use
    today, it's hard to make it through the day without somehow
    coming in contact with something that relies on Berkeley DB.
    ** Berkeley DB XML - A native XML database with an optimized
    XQuery access layer built atop Berkeley DB.
    ** Berkeley DB Java Edition - A pure Java version of Berkeley DB.
    If you're building a software product or system that requires dependable
    data storage, you owe it to yourself to evaluate our software libraries.
    Chances are one of our database engines will suit your needs.

    regards,

    -greg

    Gregory Burd
    Product Manager