[Announce] Gnosis Utils 1.1.1

David Mertz, Ph.D.

This release adds gnosis.xml.relax to the package.

Miscellaneous speedups and bugfixes to gnosis.xml.objectify.

- addChild() convenience function

Improvements to floating point handling in gnosis.xml.pickle.

- minor improvements to tests

Little used gnosis.trigramlib updated per needs of my personal
spam filter.

Minor fixes in gnosis.util.introspect.

It may be obtained at:
http://gnosis.cx/download/Gnosis_Utils-1.1.1.tar.gz

The current release is always available as:
http://gnosis.cx/download/Gnosis_Utils-current.tar.gz

You may browse a snapshot at:
http://gnosis.cx/download/gnosis/

Try it out, have fun, send feedback!

David Mertz ([email protected])
Frank McIngvale ([email protected])

BACKGROUND: Gnosis Utilities contains a number of Python libraries, most
(but not all) related to working with XML. These include:

gnosis.indexer (Full-text indexing/searching)
gnosis.xml.pickle (XML pickling of Python objects)
gnosis.xml.objectify (Any XML to "native" Python objects)
gnosis.xml.validity (Enforce validity constraints)
gnosis.xml.relax (Tools for working with RelaxNG)
gnosis.xml.indexer (XPATH indexing of XML documents)
[...].convert.txt2html (Convert ASCII source files to HTML)
gnosis.util.dtd2sql (DTD -> SQL 'CREATE TABLE' statements)
gnosis.util.sql2dtd (SQL query -> DTD for query results)
gnosis.util.xml2sql (XML -> SQL 'INSERT INTO' statements)
gnosis.util.combinators (Combinatorial higher-order functions)
gnosis.util.introspect (Introspect Python objects)
gnosis.magic (Multimethods, metaclasses, etc)

....and so much more! :)