ANNOUNCE: GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by MVC net, Sep 7, 2008.

  1. MVC net

    MVC net Guest

    GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter
    ------------------------------------

    GromPerl is persistent Perl interpreter for Unix-like operating systems
    provided by Bauk HTTP server's Grom persistent interpreter connector
    library.

    Perl interpreter compiled and linked with Grom persistent interpreter
    connector library creates Perl interpreter capable of operating in
    persistent mode and executing *.pl scripts in web directory.

    Download:
    http://www.bauk.ws/gromperl.html
    http://www.bauk.ws/readme.html#gromconnector

    MVC net, Sep 7, 2008

  2. On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 16:43:45 +0200, MVC net wrote:

    > GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter
    > ------------------------------------
    >
    > GromPerl is persistent Perl interpreter for Unix-like operating systems
    > provided by Bauk HTTP server's Grom persistent interpreter connector
    > library.
    >
    > Perl interpreter compiled and linked with Grom persistent interpreter
    > connector library creates Perl interpreter capable of operating in
    > persistent mode and executing *.pl scripts in web directory.
    >

    > Download:
    > http://www.bauk.ws/gromperl.html
    > http://www.bauk.ws/readme.html#gromconnector
    >
    > GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter
    > Grom persistent interpreter connector library

    Dude, if you announce something, put some news in it. This is the fourth
    time (not counting the double post) in as many months that you post
    almost exactly the same message here. This really gets boring.

    Regards

    Leon Timmermans
    Leon Timmermans, Sep 7, 2008

  3. >>>>> "Leon" == Leon Timmermans <> writes:

    >> GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter
    >> Grom persistent interpreter connector library

    Leon> Dude, if you announce something, put some news in it. This is the fourth
    Leon> time (not counting the double post) in as many months that you post
    Leon> almost exactly the same message here. This really gets boring.

    Considered also this little gem (from http://www.bauk.ws/?terms):

    Bauk HTTP server
    Copyright (C) 2008. Bauk Development Team
    Released in public domain.

    "Public domain" isn't a valid license everywhere, and would actually revert to
    "all rights reserved as specified by copyright" in some regions.

    If you're intending this to be useful and used, please use a valid license.

    Randal L. Schwartz, Sep 7, 2008
  4. MVC net

    MVC net Guest

    "Leon Timmermans" <> wrote in message
    >> GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter
    >> ------------------------------------
    >>
    >> GromPerl is persistent Perl interpreter for Unix-like operating systems
    >> provided by Bauk HTTP server's Grom persistent interpreter connector
    >> library.
    >>
    >> Perl interpreter compiled and linked with Grom persistent interpreter
    >> connector library creates Perl interpreter capable of operating in
    >> persistent mode and executing *.pl scripts in web directory.
    >>

    >> Download:
    >> http://www.bauk.ws/gromperl.html
    >> http://www.bauk.ws/readme.html#gromconnector
    >>
    >> GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter
    >> Grom persistent interpreter connector library

    > Dude, if you announce something, put some news in it. This is the fourth
    > time (not counting the double post) in as many months that you post
    > almost exactly the same message here. This really gets boring.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Leon Timmermans

    It seems that you do not miss an opportunity.
    MVC net, Sep 7, 2008
  5. MVC net

    MVC net Guest

    "Randal L. Schwartz" <> wrote in message

    >>> GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter
    >>> Grom persistent interpreter connector library

    > Leon> Dude, if you announce something, put some news in it. This is the
    > fourth
    > Leon> time (not counting the double post) in as many months that you post
    > Leon> almost exactly the same message here. This really gets boring.
    >
    > Considered also this little gem (from http://www.bauk.ws/?terms):
    >
    > Bauk HTTP server
    > Copyright (C) 2008. Bauk Development Team
    > Released in public domain.
    >
    > "Public domain" isn't a valid license everywhere, and would actually
    > revert to
    > "all rights reserved as specified by copyright" in some regions.
    >
    > If you're intending this to be useful and used, please use a valid
    > license.
    >
    > print "Just another jacker,"; # the original
    >
    > --

    You should have posted actual contents of the page.
    It is somewhat different from what you say.
    MVC net, Sep 8, 2008
  6. MVC net

    John Bokma Guest

    "MVC net" <> wrote:

    > "Randal L. Schwartz" <> wrote in message

    [..]

    >> Considered also this little gem (from http://www.bauk.ws/?terms):
    >>
    >> Bauk HTTP server
    >> Copyright (C) 2008. Bauk Development Team
    >> Released in public domain.

    > You should have posted actual contents of the page.
    > It is somewhat different from what you say.

    Bauk HTTP server
    Copyright (C) 2008. Bauk Development Team
    Released in public domain.

    He did. Maybe you should check your computer for malware if you read
    something different, especially before you accuse people from lying.

    --
    John http://johnbokma.com/ - Hacking & Hiking in Mexico

    Perl help in exchange for a gift:
    http://johnbokma.com/perl/help-in-exchange-for-a-gift.html
    John Bokma, Sep 8, 2008
  7. MVC net

    MVC net Guest

    "John Bokma" <> wrote in message
    >>> Considered also this little gem (from http://www.bauk.ws/?terms):
    >>>
    >>> Bauk HTTP server
    >>> Copyright (C) 2008. Bauk Development Team
    >>> Released in public domain.

    >> You should have posted actual contents of the page.
    >> It is somewhat different from what you say.

    > Bauk HTTP server
    > Copyright (C) 2008. Bauk Development Team
    > Released in public domain.
    >
    > He did. Maybe you should check your computer for malware if you read
    > something different, especially before you accuse people from lying.
    >
    > --
    > John http://johnbokma.com/ - Hacking & Hiking in Mexico

    Just post a complete page
    MVC net, Sep 8, 2008
  8. MVC net

    John Bokma Guest

    "MVC net" <> wrote:

    > "John Bokma" <> wrote in message

    [..]

    > Just post a complete page

    Talking about posting, don't quote sigs.

    As for your announcement, it starts to look more an more like an
    advertisement, which might piss off some people after a while.

    As for your license, check out the wording of:
    http://www.sqlite.org/copyright.html

    To make things easier, you might want to pick a known license and
    use the wording of that one, for example the Artistic License (2.0).

    See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artistic_License

    John Bokma, Sep 8, 2008
  9. MVC net

    MVC net Guest

    "Keith Keller" <-francisco.ca.us> wrote in message

    > That just seems like a cruel joke. It implies to someone less clueful
    > that your license means something. If you want to accurately call your
    > software "open-source" you need to actually use a license that is open
    > source e.g. http://opensource.org/licenses/category .

    You probably did not read it.
    here is the open source definition:
    http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php

    In that document it does not say anywhere "software need to use a license
    that is opensource to be open source.". (??)

    That document says software or license is considered "opesource", if
    conditions 123.. for this and this reason, etc. are met.
    (which is logical, and in this specific case conditions are met)

    It brings us back to original proprietary license, where did you see it is
    not in sync with above definition.
    MVC net, Sep 8, 2008
  10. MVC net

    MVC net Guest

    "John Bokma" <> wrote in message

    >> Just post a complete page

    > Talking about posting, don't quote sigs.
    >
    > As for your announcement, it starts to look more an more like an
    > advertisement, which might piss off some people after a while.
    >
    > As for your license, check out the wording of:
    > http://www.sqlite.org/copyright.html
    >
    > To make things easier, you might want to pick a known license and
    > use the wording of that one, for example the Artistic License (2.0).
    >
    > See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artistic_License

    It would be, perhaps, more precisse to say that some users are in good mood
    rarely.

    Speaking of licenses, Im familiar with couple, and Artistic, which is nice.
    You should read these licenses, and you will notice that those created with
    legal advice or expertise, say in essence "to help and improve"... nothing
    else.
    It does not say "with purpose of forcing a restriction".
    Any restriction license has, is with main intention to help.

    There is not one license that says "you must use this license, or if not,
    then you must use another license".
    (this is only how some users interpret the concept of license, and that
    interpretation is wrong)
    Also, if that was true, none of licenses now could exist because it creates
    something of a chicken and the egg problem.

    A user says- license must be used. It is basically using a tool for
    protecting freedom to destroy some other freedom, ie freedom to not use a
    license.
    To mention, for some designs, concepts, or solutions widely accepted today,
    not so long ago many were less than happy to adopt and use, saying "never"..
    etc.
    Today, these same people say of course yes engrave it on my tomb stone.
    Whether it's an os, software, somethin gelse.
    Now somebody objected here.. lets see.. Who was it?

    regards
    MVC net, Sep 8, 2008