ANNOUNCE: Mod_python 3.3.0b (Beta)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy, Dec 25, 2006.

  1. The Apache Software Foundation and The Apache HTTP Server Project are
    pleased to announce the 3.3.0b (Beta) release of mod_python.

    Version 3.3.0b of mod_python features several new functions and
    attributes providing better access to apache internals, as well as
    many bug fixes and various performance and security improvements. A
    detailed description of the changes is available in Appendix A of the
    mod_python manual, also available here

    http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-3.3.0b/doc-html/app-changes-from-3.2.10.html

    Beta releases are NOT considered stable and usually contain bugs.

    This release is intended to solicit widespread testing of the code. We
    strongly recommend that you try out your existing applications and
    experiment with new features in a non-production environment using
    this version and report any problems you may encounter so that they
    can be addressed before the final release.

    Preferred method of reporting problems is the mod_python user list
    .

    Mod_python 3.3.0b is available for download from:

    http://httpd.apache.org/modules/python-download.cgi

    For more information about mod_python visit http://www.modpython.org/

    Regards,

    The Apache mod_python team.
    Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy, Dec 25, 2006

  2. Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy

    derekl00 Guest

    How long does it usually take for these things to make there way into
    the Fedora (or other distro) repositories?

    derekl00, Dec 25, 2006

  3. derekl00 wrote:
    > Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:
    > > The Apache Software Foundation and The Apache HTTP Server Project are
    > > pleased to announce the 3.3.0b (Beta) release of mod_python.

    > How long does it usually take for these things to make there way into
    > the Fedora (or other distro) repositories?

    Given that this is a beta, I would hope that the distro people don't
    get on to it quickly or at all. It was a right pain the last time a
    beta of mod_python was released and RPMs got distributed, as it took us
    a lot longer to get rid of the beta version out of the pipeline when
    the non beta was actually released.

    Thus, if you really want to try out this beta, compile it from source
    code, otherwise wait for the official non beta release. If you don't
    like compiling from source, then you possibly aren't the sort of person
    who should be using this beta version in the first place, especially
    when compilation on different platforms is always a part of what we
    want tested in releasing a beta.

    Graham
    Graham Dumpleton, Dec 26, 2006