ANNOUNCE Net::eBay perl module

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Ignoramus27122, Aug 31, 2005.

  1. I am announcing a new perl module that I wrote, called Net::eBay. This
    module provides support for communicating with the eBay API via XML.

    It allows to list items for sale, search, revise, and do many other
    things without wasting time 'scraping' HTML. Bidding is NOT supported
    by eBay itself.

    The module is available on CPAN. Just search for Net::eBay.

    To use it, you need to obtain access keys from ebay. You have to
    register at developer.ebay.com and obtain developer keys. Then you can
    use their tokentool and obtain a "token".

    Save that to your ~/.ebay.ini (details at perldoc Net::eBay). Call
    ebay-validate-test-user.pl to validate your token. Then, start writing
    your perl scripts using this API.

    When your scripts begin to work, you can obtain a set of production
    keys also, by "self certification", which is a trivial process (no
    kidding).

    Thanks to many posters including John Bokma, who made useful
    suggestions.

    Ignoramus27122, Aug 31, 2005

  2. Ignoramus27122

    Paul Lalli Guest

    Ignoramus27122 wrote:
    > Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived. This
    > message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Sep 7, 9:39 am).

    > I am announcing a new perl module that I wrote, called Net::eBay. This
    > module provides support for communicating with the eBay API via XML.

    Your announcing a module that you only want people to know about for
    one week? Doesn't that strike you as a tad odd?

    Please reconsider your position on setting the X-No-Archive header.
    Posts should remain searchable for future people looking for
    information.

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Aug 31, 2005

  3. oops, you are right. I will repost.

    Ignoramus27122, Aug 31, 2005
  4. [ Newsgroups and Followups trimmed ]

    Paul Lalli <> wrote:

    > Please reconsider your position on setting the X-No-Archive header.

    This OP has been asked that before, it doesn't look like he
    wants to be a good citizen...

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming