announce: New Google C++ Testing Framework

vladlosev

It has a command line option to do so.

When they fail during debugging, does the debugger stop at a breakpoint on the
failing ASSERT_ or EXPECT_ line?

anon

Zhanyong said:
Hi,

We are glad to announce that today we have open-sourced Google C++
Testing Framework (http://code.google.com/p/googletest/), a library
that helps you write better C++ tests.

You can read more about the release at
http://googletesting.blogspot.com/2008/07/announcing-new-google-c-testing.html.
Please send comments and questions to
(e-mail address removed).

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Almost the same as http://cxxtest.sourceforge.net/guide.html except your
test framework is missing test macros for exceptions

phlip

anon said:
Almost the same as http://cxxtest.sourceforge.net/guide.html except your
test framework is missing test macros for exceptions

How does it stack up to TestUnit++?

(Zhanyong might notice we are listing the most well-reviewed C++ unit testers
here...)

Zhanyong said:
> Phlip wrote:
>
> No - I'd love to have that, but am not sure how you can do it in C++,
> which doesn't have reflection.
>
> What we have is predicate assertions:

http://code.google.com/p/googletest/wiki/GoogleTestAdvancedGuide#Predicate_Assertions

Your page does not explain that. That is Key-Yoot if it does this:

ASSERT_PRED(operator<=, foo, bar);

That also permits a lot of reflection. Your page _does_ say that when such as
assertion fails, it prints out source text of foo and bar.

Next, can your rig do the Abstract Test Pattern? That's hard unless you make
registering test cases hard (like CppUnit does).

Zhanyong

Hi, guys,

Please send you comments to (e-mail address removed), as
that's where we track discussions on Google Test.

The Google Test FAQ (http://code.google.com/p/googletest/wiki/
GoogleTestFAQ) now explains why we built Google Test instead of using
an existing framework. You may find that useful.
Your page does not explain that. That is Key-Yoot if it does this:

ASSERT_PRED(operator<=, foo, bar);

That also permits a lot of reflection. Your page _does_ say that when such as
assertion fails, it prints out source text of foo and bar.

I just checked again. The wiki says that the assertion prints the
_values_ of foo and bar, and there are examples. :)
Next, can your rig do the Abstract Test Pattern? That's hard unless you make
registering test cases hard (like CppUnit does).

It is being worked on - we have an experimental design but it's not
final yet.

If you have follow-up questions, please send to
(e-mail address removed). Thanks!