[ANNOUNCE] pypiserver 0.5.0 - minimal pypi server

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ralf Schmitt, Dec 5, 2011.

  1. Ralf Schmitt

    Ralf Schmitt Guest

    Hi,

    I've just uploaded pypiserver 0.5.0 to the python package index.

    pypiserver is a minimal PyPI compatible server. It can be used to serve
    a set of packages and eggs to easy_install or pip.

    pypiserver is easy to install (i.e. just easy_install pypiserver). It
    doesn't have any external dependencies.

    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pypiserver/ should contain enough
    information to easily get you started running your own PyPI server in a
    few minutes.

    The code is available on github: https://github.com/schmir/pypiserver

    Changes in version 0.5.0
    - make setup.py install without calling 2to3 by changing source code
    to be compatible with both python 2 and python 3. We now ship a
    slightly patched version of bottle. The upcoming bottle 0.11
    also contains these changes.
    - make the single-file pypi-server-standalone.py work with python 3

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralf
    Ralf Schmitt, Dec 5, 2011