ANNOUNCE: tclpython-3.1

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jean-Luc Fontaine, Jul 8, 2004.

  1. ### CHANGES ###

    --- version 3.1 ---
    rpm rebuilt for python 2.3 on Fedora Core 2

    ### README ###

    tclpython version 3.1: a Python package for Tcl

    This package allows the execution of Python (version 2.2) code from a
    Tcl interpreter, as in:

    package require tclpython 3
    set interpreter [python::interp new]
    $interpreter exec {print("Hello World")}
    puts [$interpreter eval 3/2.0]
    python::interp delete $interpreter

    You can actually create several Python interpreters this way, if the
    tclpython package was linked against a Python library compiled with
    threads support, otherwise only 1 Python interpreter can exist at a
    time.

    This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
    it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public License as
    published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
    License, or (at your option) any later version.

    This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
    WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

    ###

    you may find it now at my homepage:

    http://jfontain.free.fr/tclpython-3.1.tar.gz
    http://jfontain.free.fr/tclpython-3.1-0.fdr.2.i386.rpm
    http://jfontain.free.fr/tclpython-3.1-0.fdr.2.spec
    http://jfontain.free.fr/tclpython.htm

    Jean-Luc Fontaine, Jul 8, 2004

  2. Jean-Luc Fontaine

    yaipa h. Guest

    Oddly, I actually have a use for this. Thanks.

    --Alan

    yaipa h., Jul 11, 2004

  3. Jean-Luc Fontaine

    Roy Smith Guest

    (Jean-Luc Fontaine) wrote:

    > tclpython version 3.1: a Python package for Tcl
    >
    > This package allows the execution of Python (version 2.2) code from a
    > Tcl interpreter, as in:

    Sounds quite cool!

    Roy Smith, Jul 11, 2004