[ANNOUNCE] testpp unit test framework

Matt Graham

Hi,
This message is for:
* people who like trying out c++ unit test frameworks
* people who are unsatisfied with existing c++ unit test frameworks

I fall into the 2nd group so I decided to take a shot at writing my
own, testpp. All due respect to any of you involved in writing
existing frameworks, but I've not found one I like yet.
An intro (and code) for testpp is here:
* http://github.com/mdg/testpp/tree/master/README.txt

Here are a few items I'm already planning to do:
* http://github.com/mdg/testpp/tree/master/BACKLOG.txt

I'm currently using it to test a private project and this public one:
* http://github.com/mdg/shessiond
It works pretty well for what I need, so I'm ready to submit it for
review and find what things that might be lacking.

Thanks for any feedback.

// matt

Ian Collins

Matt said:
Hi,
This message is for:
* people who like trying out c++ unit test frameworks
* people who are unsatisfied with existing c++ unit test frameworks
What does it offer that existing frameworks don't?

Matt Graham

What does it offer that existing frameworks don't?

There are some goals enumerated in the link, I should have included
them in the original post. The ones that are perhaps improvements
over other frameworks are the combination of:
* Easy to use
* Brief syntax, simple enough to be used without macros if desired
* Can run individual tests, files or suites from the command line
* Clear, operator-based assertion syntax