[Announcement] OpenSource SOA Stack based on Apache Geronimo - GASwerk

Discussion in 'Java' started by kristian, Oct 29, 2007.

  1. kristian

    kristian Guest

    Hi

    we developed a OpenSource SOA Stack based on Apache Geronimo. The
    stack includes an Enterprise Service Bus (Apache ServiceMix), a
    Business Process Execution Engine (Apache ODE), Rule Based Routing
    (Apache Camel) and JavaEE feature support (Apache Geronimo).

    The idea is to prevent companies to 'reinvent the OpenSource SOA
    wheel' when building SOA solutions. ;-)

    The first release is avaliable from our Sourceforge Web Site:
    http://gaswerk.sourceforge.net

    The stack is called "GASwerk SOA Stack". A simple sample is also
    available as download to see GASwerk SOA Stack in action.

    Comments welcome ;-)

    Kristian

    ---
    http://gaswerk.sourceforge.net

    kristian, Oct 29, 2007

  2. kristian

    Lew Guest

    Re: [Announcement] OpenSource SOA Stack based on Apache Geronimo- GASwerk

    kristian wrote:
    > The idea is to prevent companies to 'reinvent the OpenSource SOA
    > wheel' when building SOA solutions. ;-)
    >
    > The first release is avaliable from our Sourceforge Web Site:
    > http://gaswerk.sourceforge.net
    >
    > The stack is called "GASwerk SOA Stack". A simple sample is also
    > available as download to see GASwerk SOA Stack in action.

    Some might think that clj.announce is the only place for this, but I think
    clj.programmer is a great place to hear about useful new Java-based stuff,
    especially open source.

    Unfortunately, your link opened only very reluctantly for me. Still, all's
    well that ends well.

    I did see typos and other errors on your SourceForge page.

    The first paragraph refers to "'production ready' solutions", with the quotes
    around "production ready". The presence of the quote marks denotes that, in
    fact, the solutions are not production ready. Quote marks are used to
    indicate that a term does not actually apply, but that it is misapplied either
    for deception or metaphor.

    The paragraph that begins "Three server assemblies" has a sentence fragment in
    lieu of a second sentence.

    The paragraph about the "SOA Stack" uses the word "which" instead of "that".
    It refers to "an business process engine" in the final sentence.

    The final sentence of the "Spring" paragraph lacks a comma after "Equipped
    with GASwerk Spring".

    In the paragraph about JMS you have the word "busniesses". The subject and
    verb number do not agree in "throughput and relability is critical". The word
    "relability" is misspelled, considerably undermining the point.

    The final exhortation, "Geb GAS!" - what does that mean?

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Oct 29, 2007

  3. kristian

    kristian Guest

    Re: OpenSource SOA Stack based on Apache Geronimo - GASwerk

    Hi

    > Some might think that clj.announce is the only place for this, but I think
    > clj.programmer is a great place to hear about useful new Java-based stuff,
    > especially open source.

    OK. Sorry for that. I wasn't clear to me where i can post such an
    announcement...

    > I did see typos and other errors on your SourceForge page.

    Thanks for your comments! I updated the site...

    > The final exhortation, "Geb GAS!" - what does that mean?

    Oh, that's a german phrase saying "speed-up".

    Kristian

    kristian, Oct 30, 2007
  4. kristian

    Lew Guest

    kristian wrote:
    > Oh, that's a german phrase saying "speed-up".

    It looks like a typo for "Get GAS!", which in American English is something
    that happens if you have digestive difficulty. Even without the implicit pun,
    it looks like a typo. The rest of the page is in English; a very minuscule
    fraction of your audience will even know that it was supposed to be German,
    much less what it means.

    Sorry, but I'm afraid to download the software.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Oct 30, 2007
  5. kristian

    HP Guest

    Re: OpenSource SOA Stack based on Apache Geronimo - GASwerk

    Op Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:45:58 -0400, tikte Lew:

    > Sorry, but I'm afraid to download the software.

    Well if there are any win32-virusses or linux-trojans in the code, you at
    least have the chance to see where they are

    --
    greetz,
    Henk-Peter

    HP, Oct 30, 2007
  6. kristian

    Lew Guest

    HP wrote:
    > Op Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:45:58 -0400, tikte Lew:
    >
    >> Sorry, but I'm afraid to download the software.

    > Well if there are any win32-virusses or linux-trojans in the code, you at
    > least have the chance to see where they are

    I'm not worried about that.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Oct 30, 2007
  7. kristian

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:29:47 -0700, kristian
    who said :

    >we developed a OpenSource SOA Stack based on Apache Geronimo. The
    >stack includes an Enterprise Service Bus (Apache ServiceMix), a
    >Business Process Execution Engine (Apache ODE), Rule Based Routing
    >(Apache Camel) and JavaEE feature support (Apache Geronimo).

    by SOA you don't mean
    As the as the ultimate authority on the domain the owner of a domain
    or his agent must keep electronic records about his domain They tell
    the Internet where to find authorative name servers — the primary
    source of name lookup information, that is distributed and cached
    through out the Internet. These records also register all the publicly
    accessible name servers for the domain. They also map name to IP for
    all the servers in the domain. They define aliases and canonical
    names.

    right?
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Oct 30, 2007
  8. kristian

    kristian Guest

    Re: OpenSource SOA Stack based on Apache Geronimo - GASwerk

    On Oct 30, 7:45 pm, Roedy Green <>
    wrote:
    > On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:29:47 -0700, kristian
    > who said :
    >
    > >we developed a OpenSource SOA Stack based on Apache Geronimo. The
    > >stack includes an Enterprise Service Bus (Apache ServiceMix), a
    > >Business Process Execution Engine (Apache ODE), Rule Based Routing
    > >(Apache Camel) and JavaEE feature support (Apache Geronimo).

    > by SOA you don't mean
    > As the as the ultimate authority on the domain the owner of a domain
    > or his agent must keep electronic records about his domain They tell
    > the Internet where to find authorative name servers - the primary
    > source of name lookup information, that is distributed and cached
    > through out the Internet. These records also register all the publicly
    > accessible name servers for the domain. They also map name to IP for
    > all the servers in the domain. They define aliases and canonical
    > names.
    >
    > right?
    > --
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    > The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

    right

    kristian, Oct 31, 2007
  9. kristian

    wrote:
    > On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:29:47 -0700, kristian
    > who said :
    >
    > >we developed a OpenSource SOA Stack based on Apache Geronimo. The
    > >stack includes an Enterprise Service Bus (Apache ServiceMix), a
    > >Business Process Execution Engine (Apache ODE), Rule Based Routing
    > >(Apache Camel) and JavaEE feature support (Apache Geronimo).

    > by SOA you don't mean
    > As the as the ultimate authority on the domain the owner of a domain
    > or his agent must keep electronic records about his domain They tell
    > the Internet where to find authorative name servers - the primary
    > source of name lookup information, that is distributed and cached
    > through out the Internet. These records also register all the publicly
    > accessible name servers for the domain. They also map name to IP for
    > all the servers in the domain. They define aliases and canonical
    > names.
    >
    > right?
    > --
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    > The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

    with SOA i mean:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service-oriented_architecture

    Kristian

    kristian, Oct 31, 2007
  10. kristian

    Ingo Menger Guest

    On 30 Okt., 08:15, kristian <> wrote:

    > > The final exhortation, "Geb GAS!" - what does that mean?

    > Oh, that's a german phrase saying "speed-up".

    No, it's not. It's an indication that even otherwise excellent young
    people (which I believe kristian is) cannot use their own mothers'
    language anymore properly. The imperative of the verb "geben" (to
    give) is still "gib" in singular and "gebt" in plural. It's the
    difference between so called strong verbs and weak ones. In the strong
    verbs, the vocal changes when used as imperative or in past time:

    "Ich gebe Gas." (I am speeding up.)
    "Ich gab Gas." (I sped up.)
    "Gib Gas!" (Speed up!)

    Ingo Menger, Oct 31, 2007