[announcement] - python graph library

Maxim Khesin

Hello Folks,
I recently started working on a graph-algorithms library in Python. What
makes this one different from the other couple of libs that are
available is a heavy influence from the C++ Boost Graph Library. There
are IMO a lot of good ideas there, so I am attempting to translate the
spirit of it into Python without loosing the Pythonness :). There is no
official code release so far, but I have been blogging ideas and code
snippets here: http://pythonzweb.blogspot.com/. Your comments are most
welcome (you can leave them right on the blog).I also wanted to tap your
opinion on naming this thing. There is (duh) already PyGL and PGL names
associated with python (but not graph libs) floating around, but as they
are not so well-known as far as I can tell I do not mind taking them on
and stealing the name. What do you guys think?

Harlin Seritt

Maxim Khesin said:
Hello Folks,
I recently started working on a graph-algorithms library in Python. What
makes this one different from the other couple of libs that are
available is a heavy influence from the C++ Boost Graph Library. There
are IMO a lot of good ideas there, so I am attempting to translate the
spirit of it into Python without loosing the Pythonness :). There is no
official code release so far, but I have been blogging ideas and code
snippets here: http://pythonzweb.blogspot.com/. Your comments are most
welcome (you can leave them right on the blog).I also wanted to tap your
opinion on naming this thing. There is (duh) already PyGL and PGL names
associated with python (but not graph libs) floating around, but as they
are not so well-known as far as I can tell I do not mind taking them on
and stealing the name. What do you guys think?

pygribs :)