Announcing - Zen: A cross-platform functional programming languagefor C++ developers.

Discussion in 'C++' started by Renji Panicker, Jul 29, 2011.

  1. Hi everyone,

    As a C++ coder, I often found myself writing repetitive (but
    necessary) code, and wondered if I could write a code generator for
    the boilerplate code, leaving me to write just the functionality.

    This grew into a larger effort, the result of which is Zen, a full
    fledged functional programming language that generates cross-platform C
    ++ code and creates project files to debug and build the generated
    code.

    Among other things, it has:
    - functional programming constructs, and closures, continuations and
    fibers.
    - a fiber dispatch queue similar to OSX's GCD.
    - a grammar generator and fully integrated GUI
    - Generates .vcproj files for MSVC on Windows
    - Generates .pro files for QtCreator on Linux

    Please check it out at: http://zenlang.sourceforge.net/

    Comments, feedback and collaborators will be gratefully acknowledged!

    Thanks,
    -/renji

    Renji Panicker, Jul 29, 2011