annoying features of VS IDE autoformatting

Sergei Shelukhin

1) How do I stop VS from changing my styles? I have inline style like
border: 1px solid black;, and it's split into 4 individual declarations
for 4 borders.

2) Main annoyance: how do I stop AutoFormat from replacing XML entities
with characters? Or how do I fix encoding problems with that?
When I type Ç, I probably want Ç and not that C with cedilla,
cause it only shows as C with cedilla in VS IDE, and in all the
browsers, it comes as C or some random symbol combo depending on the
encoding I use for save (tried all Unicodes and Turkish encodings).

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

I'm not aware of any workarounds for these issues. 2.0 doesn't muck with
html by the way.

for issue #2, what is your culture setting on your computer? this may be
incorrect
--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney

Sergei Shelukhin

Alvin said:
for issue #2, what is your culture setting on your computer? this may be
incorrect
Culture setting is cyrillic, but I need to write an app that will be
using Turkish.

Well, this problem is bearable, even thought it's a pita, luckily VS
gives me a warning that it cannot save unicode chars when it tries to
save the document in non-unicode after the autoformat, so I can ctrl-z
auto-format and save from html view.