    display:block but that doesnt work.

    Any thoughts on how to get around this?

    Thanks

    UKuser, Apr 12, 2007

  2. UKuser

    Els Guest

    UKuser wrote:

    > Having a major annoying problem. I have a top strip which is say 15px
    > high and have an image which I want to overflow the line into the next
    > div/span etc below.
    >
    > Firefox does it perfectly, I.E. forces the span containing the image
    > to the images height.
    >
    > Another posting somewhere else suggesting setting the image to
    > display:block but that doesnt work.
    >
    > Any thoughts on how to get around this?

    Display:block won't help with that, no. What you describe is just an
    IE bug. Depending on the rest of the page, you could give the image
    position:absolute, but it will not only get past the bottom border of
    your "top strip", but it will also be ignored by anything else on the
    page. I can imagine that if you know the size of the image beforehand,
    you can place a left floated empty div in the right size in the next
    "strip", so that text will *seem* to flow around the absolutely
    positioned image.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Apr 12, 2007

  3. UKuser

    UKuser Guest

    On 12 Apr, 16:31, Els <> wrote:
    > UKuser wrote:
    > > Having a major annoying problem. I have a top strip which is say 15px
    > > high and have an image which I want to overflow the line into the next
    > > div/span etc below.

    > > Firefox does it perfectly, I.E. forces the span containing the image
    > > to the images height.

    > > Another posting somewhere else suggesting setting the image to
    > > display:block but that doesnt work.

    > > Any thoughts on how to get around this?

    > Display:block won't help with that, no. What you describe is just an
    > IE bug. Depending on the rest of the page, you could give the image
    > position:absolute, but it will not only get past the bottom border of
    > your "top strip", but it will also be ignored by anything else on the
    > page. I can imagine that if you know the size of the image beforehand,
    > you can place a left floated empty div in the right size in the next
    > "strip", so that text will *seem* to flow around the absolutely
    > positioned image.
    >
    > --
    > Els http://locusmeus.com/
    > accessible web design: http://locusoptimus.com/

    Thanks for the information. Sorry I double posted - Google was playing
    up and not refreshing to show me my posting had been successful.

    UKuser, Apr 13, 2007