    a DTD. Anonymizing either of those would help us.
    --
    Michael Wein
    Michael Wein, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Michael Wein wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > does anyone know of a tool that automatically anonymizes a DTD or XML
    > Schema? By anonymizing I mean renaming all elements/type definitions but
    > still containing the structure, esp. the references/dependencies.
    >
    > Background: we have problems handling an XML Schema with our XML editor and
    > the vendor requires the schema for debugging purposes. But unfortunately
    > the XML Schema comes from a different company and contains confident
    > information so that disclosing it to the vendor of the XML editor would
    > probably violate an NDA. If you wonder that I mixed up DTD and XML Schema:
    > basically that doesn't matter to us since the XML Schema was generated from
    > a DTD. Anonymizing either of those would help us.

    hi,

    as XML Schema is XML, you may use XSLT to rename each declaration; you
    may use generate-id() to compute the new name of the elements and the
    attributes
    --
    Cordialement,

    ///
    (. .)
    -----ooO--(_)--Ooo-----
    | Philippe Poulard |
    -----------------------
    Philippe Poulard, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Michael Wein

    Michael Wein Guest

    On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 11:29:05 +0100, Philippe Poulard wrote:

    > as XML Schema is XML, you may use XSLT to rename each declaration; you
    > may use generate-id() to compute the new name of the elements and the
    > attributes

    Already thought of this. I am just not sure how to handle all the
    references/dependencies.

    Of course I would prefer something ready made, too ;-)
    --
    Michael Wein
    Michael Wein, Dec 9, 2003