anonymous access account for sqlConnection

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by yurps, May 11, 2005.

  1. yurps

    yurps Guest

    Hello on my windowsXP coding machine I have a webapp
    with Anonymous Access enabled and a windows user account and password
    typed in...and the Integrated Window authentication checkbox tick in
    "properties....Directory security"

    in web.config I have
    <authentication mode="None" />
    <identity impersonate="true" />
    <appSettings>
    <add key="ConnectionString" value="Integrated Security=SSPI;Data
    Source=DB;Initial Catalog=PRODUCTS;persist security info=false;packet
    size=4096;Trusted_Connection=Yes"/>

    This works....

    I move the app to Windows 2003 and get this
    Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does
    not exist or access denied.

    Is this something to do with authetication hoping....must I put the
    username and password into the <identity element ???

    thanks,
    all yurped out

    yurps, May 11, 2005

  2. yurps

    yurps Guest

    Never mind....a dba with a severe messianic complex installed the
    database to run on an obscure port well into 5 figures...

    I guess this is some peoples idea of security...arrgh...

    yurps, May 11, 2005