    Everything looks like it's set up properly and the same way it is on other systems. There are no authentication errors in his system's event log. So what is asp.dll not liking

    Thank
    -mar

    Mark, Jan 29, 2004

  2. Mark

    MSFT Guest

    Hi Mark,

    Thank you for using the community. AS I understand, when an anonymous user
    request an ASP page on the IIS, it will return a 401.3 error. Based on my
    experience, this kind of error is related to the Permissions settings on
    the server. I suggest you may first take a look at this KB article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q271071
    HOW TO: Set Basic NTFS Permissions for IIS 5.0

    You can follow the steps in above article to grant the permission and see
    if this can help.

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security