anonymous user account name

Tom

I often have permission problems when I move my pages unto different servers.
It would be very handy if I could programmatically determine the anonymous
user account name from my asp page.
How can this be done since it is not in the request header for anonymous
requests?

TIA

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Tom said:
I often have permission problems when I move my pages unto different
servers.
It would be very handy if I could programmatically determine the anonymous
user account name from my asp page.
How can this be done since it is not in the request header for anonymous
requests?

By default it is IUSR_servername ... are you doing something differently?

Tom

Yes, I know that is the default, but the guy who controls servers and
permissions likes to change things and it is always a problem.
So, how can I get at this from my web page?