Another disadvantage with frames, at least on iCab...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by dorayme, Sep 18, 2005.

  1. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    I have noticed a peculiar disadvantage (among all the others
    that folk are regularly keen to point out) to frames. On iCab
    and it may affect some other browsers (but not as far as the
    ones I have). When changing the font-size (larger, smaller
    button to view website), nothing actually happens. That is so
    whether one is on a frames made site or not. To make the fonts
    larger one then has to press the "go" button on the url. OK,
    that is a peculiarity. But in the case of frames, the exact
    frameset one started out with is triggered enlarged and one has
    lost the actual (say) content one was looking at. Yes, it
    reverts! It is not worse than this, one can navigate from here
    again on and the fonts remain bigger... Curious eh?

    I am sure this will be interesting gossip for all you iCab
    enthusiasts... (I have gone back to using it as a first off
    browser offline to see my website building efforts... but hardly
    ever online. It has advantages I have described before and I
    hope, boys and girls, there is no one who has forgotten any of
    this...)

    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 18, 2005

  2. dorayme

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

    > I have noticed a peculiar disadvantage (among all the others
    > that folk are regularly keen to point out) to frames. On iCab
    > and it may affect some other browsers (but not as far as the
    > ones I have). When changing the font-size (larger, smaller
    > button to view website), nothing actually happens. That is so
    > whether one is on a frames made site or not. To make the fonts
    > larger one then has to press the "go" button on the url. OK,
    > that is a peculiarity. But in the case of frames, the exact
    > frameset one started out with is triggered enlarged and one has
    > lost the actual (say) content one was looking at. Yes, it
    > reverts! It is not worse than this, one can navigate from here
    > again on and the fonts remain bigger... Curious eh?
    >
    > I am sure this will be interesting gossip for all you iCab
    > enthusiasts... (I have gone back to using it as a first off
    > browser offline to see my website building efforts... but hardly
    > ever online. It has advantages I have described before and I
    > hope, boys and girls, there is no one who has forgotten any of
    > this...)

    No one ever forgets anything you say. Whether this is an advantage or
    not...

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Sep 20, 2005

  3. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    > From: Neredbojias <>

    >> I am sure this will be interesting gossip for all you iCab
    >> enthusiasts... (I have gone back to using it as a first off
    >> browser offline to see my website building efforts... but hardly
    >> ever online. It has advantages I have described before and I
    >> hope, boys and girls, there is no one who has forgotten any of
    >> this...)

    > No one ever forgets anything you say.

    Hey, Neredbojias, could it be true? If you are just joking
    again, and it is really something far from the truth, there is a
    remedy I am working on: a website with every single thing I have
    ever said. Might need help with an index.

    BTW, I took a little look at some website of yours and it had a
    lot of nice pictures, at least the sort I like. Maybe I will
    tell Russell to go a bit easy on you now that I think about
    it...

    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 20, 2005
  4. dorayme

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

    > > From: Neredbojias <>

    > >> I am sure this will be interesting gossip for all you iCab
    > >> enthusiasts... (I have gone back to using it as a first off
    > >> browser offline to see my website building efforts... but hardly
    > >> ever online. It has advantages I have described before and I
    > >> hope, boys and girls, there is no one who has forgotten any of
    > >> this...)

    > > No one ever forgets anything you say.

    > Hey, Neredbojias, could it be true? If you are just joking
    > again, and it is really something far from the truth, there is a
    > remedy I am working on: a website with every single thing I have
    > ever said. Might need help with an index.

    It might be more practical to establish a website with everything you
    *didn't* say.

    I always tell the truth unless I have a synapse lapse which is beyond my
    control or a moral lapse which isn't.

    > BTW, I took a little look at some website of yours and it had a
    > lot of nice pictures, at least the sort I like. Maybe I will
    > tell Russell to go a bit easy on you now that I think about
    > it...

    Danke, danke, or as they say in Australia, donkey, donkey. (One side-
    advantage to hanging around the newsgroups is that you can really pick
    up on the foreign languages.) I like working with graphics and the main
    idea is to have a site where people can come for a *decent quality*
    image.

    Somebody told me Russell isn't Australian but New Zealandic. True?

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Sep 20, 2005
  5. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    > From: Neredbojias <>
    >
    > Somebody told me Russell isn't Australian but New Zealandic. True?

    I think he was once...

    dorayme, Sep 21, 2005
  6. dorayme

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

    > > From: Neredbojias <>
    > >
    > > Somebody told me Russell isn't Australian but New Zealandic. True?
    > >

    > I think he was once...

    What'd he do, mutate into an Australian?

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Sep 21, 2005
  7. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    > From: Neredbojias <>
    >
    > With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
    >
    >>> From: Neredbojias <>
    >>>
    >>> Somebody told me Russell isn't Australian but New Zealandic. True?
    >>>

    >> I think he was once...

    > What'd he do, mutate into an Australian?

    a lot of Kiwis do that...

    dorayme, Sep 21, 2005
  8. dorayme

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

    > > From: Neredbojias <>
    > >
    > > With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

    > >> I think he was once...

    > > What'd he do, mutate into an Australian?
    > >

    > a lot of Kiwis do that...

    Being a Yank, I'm not sure I know what "Kiwi" means in that context.
    Like, over here we have "broads" but a broad isn't necessarily broad, if
    you catch my drift.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Sep 21, 2005
  9. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    > From: Neredbojias <>
    >
    > With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
    >
    >>> From: Neredbojias <>
    >>>
    >>> With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

    >>> What'd he do, mutate into an Australian?
    >>>

    >> a lot of Kiwis do that...

    > Being a Yank, I'm not sure I know what "Kiwi" means in that context.
    > Like, over here we have "broads" but a broad isn't necessarily broad, if
    > you catch my drift.

    Not really? You mean you are confused because you are not sure that a Kiwi
    necessarily kiwis?

    :)

    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 21, 2005
  10. dorayme

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

    > > Being a Yank, I'm not sure I know what "Kiwi" means in that context.
    > > Like, over here we have "broads" but a broad isn't necessarily broad, if
    > > you catch my drift.
    > >

    > Not really? You mean you are confused because you are not sure that a Kiwi
    > necessarily kiwis?

    Now, I'm confused because I thought a kiwi was a fruit and I didn't know
    the word had a verb-form. No one over here says "Let's go fruiting or
    something," (except possibly in San Francisco.)

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Sep 21, 2005
  11. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    > From: Neredbojias <>

    > With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
    >
    >>> Being a Yank, I'm not sure I know what "Kiwi" means in that context.
    >>> Like, over here we have "broads" but a broad isn't necessarily broad, if
    >>> you catch my drift.
    >>>

    >> Not really? You mean you are confused because you are not sure that a Kiwi
    >> necessarily kiwis?

    > Now, I'm confused because I thought a kiwi was a fruit and I didn't know
    > the word had a verb-form. No one over here says "Let's go fruiting or
    > something," (except possibly in San Francisco.)

    True. It is a fruit (tastes a bit like gooseberry). It is also
    someone from NZ (I have no idea what they taste like. I must ask
    an old New Guinea tribesman who might have eaten a few in his
    time... BTW, you heard about the cannibal who ate a clown? He
    was asked how it tasted. "Funny actually" he replied).

    Shouldn't you be in bed? You must try to get some sleep and not
    worry about these things. We will take good care of these
    Kiwis... trust me.

    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 21, 2005
  12. dorayme

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

    > > From: Neredbojias <>

    > > With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

    > >> Not really? You mean you are confused because you are not sure that a Kiwi
    > >> necessarily kiwis?

    > > Now, I'm confused because I thought a kiwi was a fruit and I didn't know
    > > the word had a verb-form. No one over here says "Let's go fruiting or
    > > something," (except possibly in San Francisco.)
    > >

    > True. It is a fruit (tastes a bit like gooseberry). It is also
    > someone from NZ (I have no idea what they taste like. I must ask
    > an old New Guinea tribesman who might have eaten a few in his
    > time... BTW, you heard about the cannibal who ate a clown? He
    > was asked how it tasted. "Funny actually" he replied).

    <grin>

    > Shouldn't you be in bed?

    More often than I am.

    > You must try to get some sleep and not
    > worry about these things. We will take good care of these
    > Kiwis... trust me.

    You're right. Worrying about produce can turn one into a total
    vegetable. 'Night.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Sep 21, 2005