Another disadvantage with frames, at least on iCab...

dorayme

I have noticed a peculiar disadvantage (among all the others
that folk are regularly keen to point out) to frames. On iCab
and it may affect some other browsers (but not as far as the
ones I have). When changing the font-size (larger, smaller
button to view website), nothing actually happens. That is so
whether one is on a frames made site or not. To make the fonts
larger one then has to press the "go" button on the url. OK,
that is a peculiarity. But in the case of frames, the exact
frameset one started out with is triggered enlarged and one has
lost the actual (say) content one was looking at. Yes, it
reverts! It is not worse than this, one can navigate from here
again on and the fonts remain bigger... Curious eh?

I am sure this will be interesting gossip for all you iCab
enthusiasts... (I have gone back to using it as a first off
browser offline to see my website building efforts... but hardly
ever online. It has advantages I have described before and I
hope, boys and girls, there is no one who has forgotten any of
this...)

dorayme

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
[...]

No one ever forgets anything you say. Whether this is an advantage or
not...

dorayme

From: Neredbojias said:
No one ever forgets anything you say.

Hey, Neredbojias, could it be true? If you are just joking
again, and it is really something far from the truth, there is a
remedy I am working on: a website with every single thing I have
ever said. Might need help with an index.

BTW, I took a little look at some website of yours and it had a
lot of nice pictures, at least the sort I like. Maybe I will
tell Russell to go a bit easy on you now that I think about
it...

dorayme

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
Hey, Neredbojias, could it be true? If you are just joking
again, and it is really something far from the truth, there is a
remedy I am working on: a website with every single thing I have
ever said. Might need help with an index.

It might be more practical to establish a website with everything you
*didn't* say.

I always tell the truth unless I have a synapse lapse which is beyond my
control or a moral lapse which isn't.
BTW, I took a little look at some website of yours and it had a
lot of nice pictures, at least the sort I like. Maybe I will
tell Russell to go a bit easy on you now that I think about
it...

Danke, danke, or as they say in Australia, donkey, donkey. (One side-
advantage to hanging around the newsgroups is that you can really pick
up on the foreign languages.) I like working with graphics and the main
idea is to have a site where people can come for a *decent quality*
image.

Somebody told me Russell isn't Australian but New Zealandic. True?

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
a lot of Kiwis do that...

Being a Yank, I'm not sure I know what "Kiwi" means in that context.
Like, over here we have "broads" but a broad isn't necessarily broad, if
you catch my drift.

dorayme

From: Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

Being a Yank, I'm not sure I know what "Kiwi" means in that context.
Like, over here we have "broads" but a broad isn't necessarily broad, if
you catch my drift.

Not really? You mean you are confused because you are not sure that a Kiwi
necessarily kiwis?

:)

dorayme

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
Not really? You mean you are confused because you are not sure that a Kiwi
necessarily kiwis?

Now, I'm confused because I thought a kiwi was a fruit and I didn't know
the word had a verb-form. No one over here says "Let's go fruiting or
something," (except possibly in San Francisco.)

dorayme

From: Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

Now, I'm confused because I thought a kiwi was a fruit and I didn't know
the word had a verb-form. No one over here says "Let's go fruiting or
something," (except possibly in San Francisco.)

True. It is a fruit (tastes a bit like gooseberry). It is also
someone from NZ (I have no idea what they taste like. I must ask
an old New Guinea tribesman who might have eaten a few in his
time... BTW, you heard about the cannibal who ate a clown? He
was asked how it tasted. "Funny actually" he replied).

Shouldn't you be in bed? You must try to get some sleep and not
worry about these things. We will take good care of these
Kiwis... trust me.

dorayme

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
True. It is a fruit (tastes a bit like gooseberry). It is also
someone from NZ (I have no idea what they taste like. I must ask
an old New Guinea tribesman who might have eaten a few in his
time... BTW, you heard about the cannibal who ate a clown? He
was asked how it tasted. "Funny actually" he replied).

Shouldn't you be in bed?

More often than I am.
You must try to get some sleep and not
worry about these things. We will take good care of these
Kiwis... trust me.

You're right. Worrying about produce can turn one into a total
vegetable. 'Night.