Another distribution error

tamiry

Hi,
I compiled my script, using:

pp Script.pl -o Script.exe

and put it on another computer. it appears to be working (I see the
expected output, a few lines) but I repeatedly get a message box saying
something like

PAR.exe
no disk in drive D:
Cancel TryAgain Continue

Can any one please tell me what's wrong?

PS
- on other machines it works fine.
- I'm working on Win2K, other PC is WinXP

thanks

John Bokma

tamiry said:

Hi,

It might be very useful if you put something more useful in the subject,
like I did now.
I compiled my script, using:

pp Script.pl -o Script.exe

ActiveState Perl? Which version, which version of PAR?

Did you compile PAR yourself?
and put it on another computer. it appears to be working (I see the
expected output, a few lines) but I repeatedly get a message box
saying something like

PAR.exe
no disk in drive D:
Cancel TryAgain Continue

Can any one please tell me what's wrong?

PS
- on other machines it works fine.
- I'm working on Win2K, other PC is WinXP

Reduce your script to the smallest version that gives this problem and
post it here. I might be tempted to try it on WinXP so we can see if it
can be reproduced, etc.

tamiry

Few more facts:

- The SW worked fine on some other XP's. There is no obvious difference
between these and the problematic one.

- Another XP gave me different problems (if you be so kind to look at
my previous post, "distribution error"
http://groups.google.com/group/comp...ef4f51785d3/f7f2730e290a6bd3#f7f2730e290a6bd3)

- The minimised script is (here's a good one):

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

=for comment

meaningless, isn't it?

=cut

- The exact message box is (title, message, buttons)
par.exe - No Disk
There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive D:.
Cancel Try_Again Continue

- Compilation steps:
- a few month ago I did
% ppm install PAR
% ppm install Module-ScanDeps
- now I used
% pp script.pl -o script.exe

I hope that you can make something out of it.

thanks, realy
Tamir