Another distribution error

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by tamiry, Oct 6, 2005.

  1. tamiry

    tamiry Guest

    Hi,
    I compiled my script, using:

    pp Script.pl -o Script.exe

    and put it on another computer. it appears to be working (I see the
    expected output, a few lines) but I repeatedly get a message box saying
    something like

    PAR.exe
    no disk in drive D:
    Cancel TryAgain Continue

    Can any one please tell me what's wrong?

    PS
    - on other machines it works fine.
    - I'm working on Win2K, other PC is WinXP

    thanks

    tamiry, Oct 6, 2005

  2. tamiry

    John Bokma Guest

    PAR: no disk in drive D: (was Re: Another distribution error)

    "tamiry" <> wrote:

    > Hi,

    Hi,

    It might be very useful if you put something more useful in the subject,
    like I did now.

    > I compiled my script, using:
    >
    > pp Script.pl -o Script.exe

    ActiveState Perl? Which version, which version of PAR?

    Did you compile PAR yourself?

    > and put it on another computer. it appears to be working (I see the
    > expected output, a few lines) but I repeatedly get a message box
    > saying something like
    >
    > PAR.exe
    > no disk in drive D:
    > Cancel TryAgain Continue
    >
    > Can any one please tell me what's wrong?
    >
    > PS
    > - on other machines it works fine.
    > - I'm working on Win2K, other PC is WinXP

    Reduce your script to the smallest version that gives this problem and
    post it here. I might be tempted to try it on WinXP so we can see if it
    can be reproduced, etc.

    I ploink googlegroups.com :)

    John Bokma, Oct 6, 2005

  3. tamiry

    tamiry Guest

    Re: PAR: no disk in drive D: (was Re: Another distribution error)

    Few more facts:

    - The SW worked fine on some other XP's. There is no obvious difference
    between these and the problematic one.

    - Another XP gave me different problems (if you be so kind to look at
    my previous post, "distribution error"
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp...ef4f51785d3/f7f2730e290a6bd3#f7f2730e290a6bd3)

    - The minimised script is (here's a good one):

    #!/usr/bin/perl -w

    =for comment

    meaningless, isn't it?

    =cut

    - The exact message box is (title, message, buttons)
    par.exe - No Disk
    There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive D:.
    Cancel Try_Again Continue

    - Compilation steps:
    - a few month ago I did
    % ppm install PAR
    % ppm install Module-ScanDeps
    - now I used
    % pp script.pl -o script.exe

    I hope that you can make something out of it.

    thanks, realy
    Tamir

    tamiry, Oct 9, 2005