another div layout problem

Joe Stateson

My default.aspx page has two div's. The top div holds a menu and the
bottom one holds a 3rd party tabstrip with 10 pages of varying height. I
only want a single vertical scroll bar, the browser viewport. If I hard
code the bottom div with a height as large as the tallest page in the tab
strip I get the desired result. Anything less, then one or more pages will
have a second vertical scroll bar. I coded the bottom div to be "100%" and
it appeared to work, but when I hovered the mouse over the menu, the bottom
div shrunk in size to the bottom of the expanded menu and did not return
when the menu collapsed. I tried putting both divs in another "100%" div
but that was no better. I am floating the top div over the bottom one, but
even if I keep it simple and dont float it, I still have the same problem.
After spending some time looking at this, I hacked out a solution by haveing
each page's body onload calculate its own height and then set the parents
parent div height.

I am a newbie when it comes to css stylesheets and I am sure there is a
cleaner way to do this.

more details here: http://forum.pintexx.net/forums/2592/ShowPost.aspx

...thanks..