    I dont understand. Anyone can help me?

    -----------------------------
    This message is posted by http://Asp.ForumsZone.com
    Iona, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Iona

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    That's a bad way of doing things.

    You should be:
    a) opening an explicit connection object
    b) setting the recordset's .ActiveConnection property to the connection
    object
    c) explicitly closing the connection object at the end of the page

    <%
    Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    objConn.Open MM_connPPL2_STRING

    Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    Set objRS.ActiveConnection = objConn
    '
    ' Rest of the page here
    '
    objConn.Close
    Set objConn = Nothing
    %>

    At the moment you are implicitly creating a connection to the database, but
    you never closing it. It's hanging around until it eventually times out. The
    number of open connections is probably building up until you get this error.

    Cheers
    Ken

    "Iona" <> wrote in message
    : Thanks for the reply it helped me but then I get this
    :
    : Error Type:
    : Provider (0x80004005)
    : Unspecified error
    : /asp/PPLMain/memberpage.asp, line 10
    :
    : and my line 10 is still
    :
    : RsMember.ActiveConnection = MM_connPPL2_STRING
    :
    Ken Schaefer, Jul 30, 2003