Another flash question - jpegs in flash movie acting oddly.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jim Higson, Sep 21, 2004.

  1. Jim Higson

    Jim Higson Guest

    Check out this flash:

    http://www.masmodels.com/slideshow.swf

    On my machine, the images are drawn slightly too low and to the left -
    unless I put it in low quality mode, in which case it gets it right.

    This is most obvious on the 2rd picture, where the model should touch but
    not go over the bottom edge of the canvas the 4th one, where the rounded
    top-left corner should fit flush.

    It could just be the slightly dodgy flash for Linux player Macromedia
    produces (why they don't just GPL it...?). If this is the case on all
    systems, I'll put an explicit argument in to use low quality (never seen
    anyone do *that* before!)

    --
    Jim

    Jim Higson, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Jim Higson

    Jim Higson Guest

    Jim Higson wrote:

    > Check out this flash:
    >
    > http://www.masmodels.com/slideshow.swf
    >
    > On my machine, the images are drawn slightly too low and to the left -
    > unless I put it in low quality mode, in which case it gets it right.
    >
    > This is most obvious on the 2rd picture, where the model should touch but
    > not go over the bottom edge of the canvas the 4th one, where the rounded
    > top-left corner should fit flush.
    >
    > It could just be the slightly dodgy flash for Linux player Macromedia
    > produces (why they don't just GPL it...?). If this is the case on all
    > systems, I'll put an explicit argument in to use low quality (never seen
    > anyone do *that* before!)

    Oh, wait a mo, I can test this myself...

    I can forward X11 over ssh to a UNIX box that has citrix access to a Windows
    box...

    (much, much time passes. Man, this is slow!)

    Yep, fowls it up in Windows too unless set to low quality.
    Ok, so are the any reasons not to use low quality, given that it doesn't
    seem to badly change anything in my swf file?

    Jim Higson, Sep 21, 2004