Another milestone for Ruby!

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jeremy Henty, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. Jeremy Henty

    Jeremy Henty Guest

    From the Jifty home page, <URL:http://jifty.org/view/HomePage>:

    Jifty is written in Perl. If you're familiar with Ruby, Perl might
    feel like Ruby's quirky big brother.

    You know you've arrived when people try to describe Perl by comparing
    it to you!

    Cheers,

    Jeremy Henty

    Jeremy Henty, Jan 6, 2006

  2. Jeremy Henty

    Chad Perrin Guest

    On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 03:42:59AM +0900, Jeremy Henty wrote:
    > >From the Jifty home page, <URL:http://jifty.org/view/HomePage>:

    > Jifty is written in Perl. If you're familiar with Ruby, Perl might
    > feel like Ruby's quirky big brother.
    >
    > You know you've arrived when people try to describe Perl by comparing
    > it to you!

    Holy crap. No kidding.

    That's a surprisingly appropriate random signature block I've got this
    time, too.

    Chad Perrin, Jan 6, 2006

  3. Hi!

    At Sat, 7 Jan 2006 04:33:42 +0900, Christian Neukirchen wrote:
    > Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes.

    This corresponds to "Do not trust Perl mongers - even if they say your
    programming language is superior to Perl." while the right description
    were "Do not trust Perl mongers - ESPECIALLY if they say your
    programming language is superior to Perl."

    Besides that: We have enough holy wars these days. Christians/Muslims,
    Jews/Muslims, Debian/<insert commercial distribution here>,
    Sustainable Development/Maximization of Profit, Freedom/Security, ...

    Where my concept of "holy war" is that all sides involved think they
    have the one and only answer to a question.

    Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
    --
    Wer Nutzen aus Folterungen zieht oder dies befuerwortet, darf als
    ausgewiesener Feind der freiheitlich-demokratischen Grundordnung kein

    Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT, Jan 11, 2006
  4. Jeremy Henty wrote:
    > From the Jifty home page, <URL:http://jifty.org/view/HomePage>:
    >
    > Jifty is written in Perl. If you're familiar with Ruby, Perl might
    > feel like Ruby's quirky big brother.
    >
    > You know you've arrived when people try to describe Perl by comparing
    > it to you!

    <Yakov>
    In Soviet Russia, Perl is compared to you!
    </Yakov>

    Karl von Laudermann, Jan 11, 2006