another newbie question: How to in the IDE

SStory

All the examples I have on using a Datalist use it in the same file as the
HTML
I am useing the VS IDE.

I am doing code behind and am a bit confused as to where to do what.

I placed a Datalist on the control, made a procedure that hits the database,
call it and it binds to the datalist and produces as it should, but I was
trying to produce ItemTemplate, SelectedItemTemplate, etc. and make it
function...

Is there no way to do it other than go to the HTML code?

I can't seem to find any tutorials on doing things like that with the IDE.

Any advice appreciated.

Shane

Kevin Spencer

The only difference is that the CodeBehind class is in a separate file,
instead of in a <script runat="server"> code block in your Page Template.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Complex things are made up of
lots of simple things.

"SStory >" <[email protected] <remove the 'online.' to send me