Another odd IE flickering CSS problem!

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Els quothed:
I can see the fixed header in IE and Firefox, but Opera (javascript
enabled) doesn't do it. Opera also has the images centered instead of
stuck to the sides (text-align: justify ?)

True. It's only set up for IE and Gecko; all other browsers default to
default which is simply a non-fixed top. That style page was mainly a
test for an IE-specific function, not position-fixed in browsers.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, kchayka quothed:
Please use overflow:auto with extreme caution. Scrolling divs can be a
PITA for keyboard navigation. :(

The overall formula for that page, which used to stylize most of my
site's pages in the transitional flavor, I have now deprecated in favor
of a simpler, dtd-strict, earnestly standards-compliant outline. I'm
pretty sure it's the only one left, which I upgraded to strict and kept
for nostalgic reasons. Although it works, there are drawbacks (as you
suggested) as with frames and I'm now inclined to avoid javascript or
even PHP (etc.) wherever possible.