Another Permission Denied error

PM Creyghton

I got this error without using frames:

First of all, I'm developing an ASP application, and once in a while
my activeX components crash or hang, I got page-not-found errors,
errors generated by my COM object... Its all in the game of
development :)..

BUT when some crash occure,
and I then try to restart my IIS service or restart my component
service, javascript is generating the 'Permission denied error'.
This javascript resides in an included file in another directory on
the same webserver.
I include it like this: <!-- #include virtual="/js/customer.asp" -->

This is very irritating, I can understand that if something crashes I
could loose my web server account information and get a permission
denied, but when I close everything (all windows) and reset all
services, Why doesn't client side javascript work anymore???

After wainting 10 min or restarting my PC, everything is fine.

Jim Ley

BUT when some crash occure,
and I then try to restart my IIS service or restart my component
service, javascript is generating the 'Permission denied error'.
This javascript resides in an included file in another directory on
the same webserver.
I include it like this: <!-- #include virtual="/js/customer.asp" -->

That's irrelevant, what are you accessing when you get permission
denied errors, what's the script executing? What are the errors?

Jim.

PM Creyghton

That's irrelevant, what are you accessing when you get permission
denied errors, what's the script executing? What are the errors?

Jim.

I thought it would be irrelevant too.

The function is in this document:
<!-- #include virtual="/js/customer.asp" -->

The function I call does this:
function checkpassword(objForm) {
if (objForm.PASSWORD.value == "") {
alert("Empty Password")
return(false)
}
return(true)
}

From my HTML page I do this:
<form name="frmLogin">
<input name="PASSWORD" value="">
</form>

But I must repeat that this is just one function that gives the
permission denied javacript error
All javascript is malfunctioning on the page.
More detailed error messages i cannot give :( .
all I get is the little javascript error icon in the bottom-left
corner of IE6, when I double click it sais error: Permission Denied,
Line: 54, Char: 1, Code: 0

Is there a way to quickly reset the IE javascrip engine (if theres
such a thing)?