Another problem with nested schema

yannick.beot

Hi,

I have a problem with nested namespace in a schema.

I defined a schema A.
A is importing a schema B with the namespace nsB and a schema C with
the namespace nsC.
But both B and C are importing a schema D with a namespace D.

I have a validation error because some elements are defined twice.

Normally, I can not modify B, C and D.

How can I avoid such problem?

Thanks in advance

Yannick

Martin Honnen

I have a problem with nested namespace in a schema.

I defined a schema A.
A is importing a schema B with the namespace nsB and a schema C with
the namespace nsC.
But both B and C are importing a schema D with a namespace D.

I have a validation error because some elements are defined twice.

If the schemas have all different target namespaces then I don't
understand why you would have some elements defined twice. Can you show
us the relevant parts of those schemas?

yannick.beot

The first imported schema (B) is A is :
<import namespace="urn:eek:asis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:assertion"
schemaLocation="cs-sstc-schema-assertion-1.1.xsd"/>

The second imported schema (C) is A is :
<import namespace="urn:eek:asis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:assertion"
schemaLocation="saml-schema-assertion-2.0.xsd"/>

They can be found there :
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3408/oasis-sstc-saml-schema-assertion-1.1.xsd
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/v2.0/saml-schema-assertion-2.0.xsd

The imported schema (D) in B and C is :
<import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"
schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/REC-xmldsig-core-20020212/
xmldsig-core-schema.xsd"/>

I modified B and C to use exactly the same schema although an obvious
error is saying that ds:MgmtData is already declared.

I have read that importing the same schema should be allowed but
xmlspy is still complaining (while castor is simply overwriting .java
it has already created).

Yannick