Another program call - Need help

Jung Joon Park

Hi everyone.

I am JJ Park. I got some questions in C++. First of all, my English is not
perfect, because I am foreigner.

I have got C++ code, which have no syntex error in Visual C++ ver6.0
compiling, however, this code was made in Sun systems (UNIX based). I shall
change the C++ code unix > Window based. And this code contain "calling
another program for data calculating and return results for calculating in
next steps in C++ code". i.e. the C++ code call another program by
system("PROGRAM"), and return value, thus I changed, however, I would not
work.

My questions are :

1. Can I change the C++ code under Unix environment to Windows with minor
code change?

2. If answer of Q1 is Yes, how? (please I am beginner of C++, I need help)

I used "system" code with ArcGIS GRID, with in loop code, however, there
were lots of GRID opened and didn't closed. At last my computer is memory
error and rebooted itself. In the unix system, the C++ code ran well.

3. I used same code for calling GRID program, but they didn't closed, how
can I solve this problem?

Please. I need your help. If you wanna help me, please via E-mail
(e-mail address removed) .

Thank you.

--
Sincerely yours.

JJ Park,
The OSU, OARDC- Department of Entomology
203D Throne Hall,
1680 Madison Avenue,
Wooster, OH, 44691, USA.

E-mail : (e-mail address removed)
Phone
Office : 330-202-3539
Home : 330-287-7524
Fax : 330-263-3686

Srini

Your questions do not relate to C++ per-se.
I shall change the C++ code unix to Window based. And this code contain "calling
another program for data calculating and return results for calculating in
next steps in C++ code". i.e. the C++ code call another program by
system("PROGRAM"), and return value, thus I changed, however, I would not
work.

The program that's being invoked for data calculation itself might be a
unix specific executable and might not run on windows.
My questions are :
1. Can I change the C++ code under Unix environment to Windows with minor
code change?
2. If answer of Q1 is Yes, how? (please I am beginner of C++, I need help)

Yes, you can port it to windows. For that you'd have to use windows
specific API to do the work for you. Please post this in a Windows
programming newsgroup to get precise answers.

Regards,
Srini