another question about dreamweaver

Tony Vella

I am still debating about keeping my AceHTML or moving over to
Dreamweaver MX. I thank all who responded to my previous question. Now
I have another. I am experimenting with DW MX and I can't seem to make
the program's "file panel" show only the files in a selected folder.
For example, here is part of my tree:

c:\ --> My Documents --> My HTML Files --> Stamps --> Mozambique Company
--> 1900-1920 --> Commemoratives

I would like to see in the Files Panel the files in the folder
Commemoratives only, not the whole tree from c:\ to the very last file
on my machine.

I hope I have clearly explained what is annoying me - it's so simple on
AceHTML !!!! Any help would be appreciated.

David Segall

Tony Vella said:
I am still debating about keeping my AceHTML or moving over to
Dreamweaver MX. I thank all who responded to my previous question. Now
I have another. I am experimenting with DW MX and I can't seem to make
the program's "file panel" show only the files in a selected folder.
For example, here is part of my tree:

c:\ --> My Documents --> My HTML Files --> Stamps --> Mozambique Company
--> 1900-1920 --> Commemoratives

I would like to see in the Files Panel the files in the folder
Commemoratives only, not the whole tree from c:\ to the very last file
on my machine.

I hope I have clearly explained what is annoying me - it's so simple on
AceHTML !!!! Any help would be appreciated.
Dreamweaver has a general expectation that you will be working on a
web site and many file operations are based on that. You are using the
default site that allows access to the entire disk. Define a Site
(i.e. top level directory) using the Site menu.

Dreamweaver 8 has some significant enhancements over MX, particularly
with handling CSS
<http://www.macromedia.com/software/dreamweaver/upgrade.html>.

Spartanicus

Tony Vella said:
Subject: another question about dreamweaver

Software specific questions are best addressed in a group dedicated to
that software, for DW a group in the macromedia.* hierarchy.

saz

I am still debating about keeping my AceHTML or moving over to
Dreamweaver MX. I thank all who responded to my previous question. Now
I have another. I am experimenting with DW MX and I can't seem to make
the program's "file panel" show only the files in a selected folder.
For example, here is part of my tree:

c:\ --> My Documents --> My HTML Files --> Stamps --> Mozambique Company
--> 1900-1920 --> Commemoratives

I would like to see in the Files Panel the files in the folder
Commemoratives only, not the whole tree from c:\ to the very last file
on my machine.

I hope I have clearly explained what is annoying me - it's so simple on
AceHTML !!!! Any help would be appreciated.
You should be posting in a Dreamweaver group for answers to DW
questions.