Another Question: Java and other application, Java and hardware

Roberto Faenza

Hello! : )

I'm Roberto From Rome, and I have two questions for you.
(this newsgroup is that I wants. It's gold for me!!!)

1. In a java application, can I "call" another application like microsoft
Excel to
do some operations or graphics? Are there some links that can I read,
please?

2. In a java application, can I "call" some pheriferics like "dvd reader",
"printer"?
(for example: I want make a java application that permit to write some
cds).

Excuse me if these are arguments of the FAQ of this group, I'm " a new
guest", but
now i'm going to read it!

: )

Hello ("Ciao")

Roberto

p.s.
where is this group, are you American? English? (I'm from Italy)
bye bye!!!
: )

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Roberto said:
1. In a java application, can I "call" another application like microsoft
Excel to
do some operations or graphics? Are there some links that can I read,
please?

Java is platform independent.

It does not fit well with Windows ActiveX.

You can do graphics via pure Java like JFreeChart.
2. In a java application, can I "call" some pheriferics like "dvd reader",
"printer"?
(for example: I want make a java application that permit to write some
cds).

I don't know.
p.s.
where is this group, are you American? English? (I'm from Italy)

It is worlwide.

Arne

Roberto Faenza

Arne Vajhøj said:
Java is platform independent.

It does not fit well with Windows ActiveX.

You can do graphics via pure Java like JFreeChart.

Ok, thank you.
I don't know.

It is worlwide.

I say that because we have it.comp.java. It's wordwyde but, in practice, the
group
is made by italians developer.

Bye! : )

Roberto

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Roberto said:
I say that because we have it.comp.java. It's wordwyde but, in practice, the
group
is made by italians developer.

This group is really worldwide: US, UK, Australia, India, Italy etc..

Arne

Luc The Perverse

Roberto Faenza said:
p.s.
where is this group, are you American? English? (I'm from Italy)
bye bye!!!
: )

Usenet is international - but generally english is spoken unless another
language is implied by the group name

For instance fr means french, it means italian.