Another Question: Java and other application, Java and hardware

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roberto Faenza, Feb 25, 2007.

  1. Hello! : )

    I'm Roberto From Rome, and I have two questions for you.
    (this newsgroup is that I wants. It's gold for me!!!)

    1. In a java application, can I "call" another application like microsoft
    Excel to
    do some operations or graphics? Are there some links that can I read,
    please?

    2. In a java application, can I "call" some pheriferics like "dvd reader",
    "printer"?
    (for example: I want make a java application that permit to write some
    cds).

    Excuse me if these are arguments of the FAQ of this group, I'm " a new
    guest", but
    now i'm going to read it!

    : )

    Hello ("Ciao")

    Roberto

    p.s.
    where is this group, are you American? English? (I'm from Italy)
    bye bye!!!
    : )
    Roberto Faenza, Feb 25, 2007

  2. Roberto Faenza wrote:
    > 1. In a java application, can I "call" another application like microsoft
    > Excel to
    > do some operations or graphics? Are there some links that can I read,
    > please?

    Java is platform independent.

    It does not fit well with Windows ActiveX.

    You can do graphics via pure Java like JFreeChart.

    > 2. In a java application, can I "call" some pheriferics like "dvd reader",
    > "printer"?
    > (for example: I want make a java application that permit to write some
    > cds).

    I don't know.

    > p.s.
    > where is this group, are you American? English? (I'm from Italy)

    It is worlwide.

    Arne
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Feb 25, 2007

  3. "Arne Vajhøj" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Roberto Faenza wrote:
    >> 1. In a java application, can I "call" another application like microsoft
    >> Excel to
    >> do some operations or graphics? Are there some links that can I read,
    >> please?

    > Java is platform independent.
    >
    > It does not fit well with Windows ActiveX.
    >
    > You can do graphics via pure Java like JFreeChart.

    Ok, thank you.

    >> 2. In a java application, can I "call" some pheriferics like "dvd
    >> reader", "printer"?
    >> (for example: I want make a java application that permit to write
    >> some cds).

    > I don't know.
    >
    >> p.s.
    >> where is this group, are you American? English? (I'm from Italy)

    > It is worlwide.

    I say that because we have it.comp.java. It's wordwyde but, in practice, the
    group
    is made by italians developer.

    Bye! : )

    Roberto
    Roberto Faenza, Feb 25, 2007
  4. Roberto Faenza wrote:
    >>> p.s.
    >>> where is this group, are you American? English? (I'm from Italy)

    >> It is worlwide.

    > I say that because we have it.comp.java. It's wordwyde but, in practice, the
    > group
    > is made by italians developer.

    This group is really worldwide: US, UK, Australia, India, Italy etc..

    Arne
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Feb 25, 2007
  5. "Roberto Faenza" <> wrote in message
    > p.s.
    > where is this group, are you American? English? (I'm from Italy)
    > bye bye!!!
    > : )

    Usenet is international - but generally english is spoken unless another
    language is implied by the group name

    For instance fr means french, it means italian.

    --
    LTP

    :)
    Luc The Perverse, Feb 25, 2007