another RSS error

Discussion in 'XML' started by lawrence, Nov 18, 2004.

  1. lawrence

    lawrence Guest

    lawrence, Nov 18, 2004

  2. lawrence wrote:
    > My PHP script is trying to generate valid RSS, but I get a "misplaced
    > pubDate" error on this feed:
    >
    > http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http://www.krubner.com/rss/page1882.xml
    >
    > What does that mean? I look at the RSS .91 definitions, as near as I
    > can see the pubDate is in the order listed.

    Your item element contains a pubData element, and the rule:

    <!ELEMENT item (title | link | description)*>

    Does not allow this. Item elemsn can only have title link or description elements.

    Your xml code:
    line 12-16:

    # <title>My favorite Adam Smith quote</title>
    # <description> This is my favorite quote of Adam Smith's. It is from an article on libertyHaven.com, of which the following is an excerpt. In this quote Smith mentions 3 things needed for economic progress: peace, low taxes, and functioning courts. Conservative commentators tend to underestimate the importance of the first of these, and left wing commentators tend to underestimate the second of these. -------------------------------------------------- &amp;quot;As early as 1749 - before major works of the French laissez-faire economists were published -Smith had concluded that the way to promote prosper... read more at the link below.</description>
    # <link>http://www.krubner.com/index.php?pageId=1882</link>
    # <pubDate>Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:22:31 CST</pubDate>
    # </item>

    Does not follow this rule

    Tjerk Wolterink, Nov 18, 2004