    downloading and having one for 'streaming' ?

    I know the code for downloading is just <a=href"file.mp3">download file</a>
    ........ but what code do you use to 'stream' an audio file ?
    Professor Marcus, May 13, 2005

  2. Professor Marcus

    Spartanicus Guest

    http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, May 13, 2005

  3. Professor Marcus wrote:
    > What is the difference between having an audio file on your site for
    > downloading and having one for 'streaming' ?

    To stream a file you need a special server. but you are probably not
    talking about streaming. You re probably thinking of progressive download.

    Progressive download is where it downloads faster than it plays so it
    appears to be "streaming". This is a function of the client's player.

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, May 13, 2005