Another user's data is populated in my page

GSN Sarma via .NET 247

I have a list box in my ASP.NET web page. The list box ispopulated on page load event with names of the employees of adepartment. The department is decided depends on the login. Butwhen a user from department "A" logs in, he is shocked to seeemployees of other department in his list box i.e. other than A.He logs out and re logs the problem is solved he gets back hisemployees. This problem frequently occurs. What could be theproblem ?
From: GSN Sarma

Mark Rae

I have a list box in my ASP.NET web page. The list box is populated on page
load event with names of the employees of a department. The department is
decided depends on the login. But when a user from department "A" logs in,
he is shocked to see employees of other department in his list box i.e.
other than A. He logs out and re logs the problem is solved he gets back his
employees. This problem frequently occurs.
What could be the problem?

How are you evaluating who the current user is?

When users log in, are you storing information about them (userID,
department etc) in an unsafe way so that another user could overwrite the
details of an already logged-in user?