Answer: Use XSL to "search and replace" between two XML files

Rolf Kemper

Hi Luke,

for any reason answering your mail in the usual way did not work yet.
However, if I undestood it right you have the problem of overwriting
values in case they exist in a second xml. I had a similar problem
which could be solved by union.

So may be you can create something like this

<xsl:variable "myMerge" select="($nodeset1[some predicate] |
$nodeSet2[some predicate])[last()]"/>

This worked for me on a single value. May be it works also if
$nodesetX[some predicate] describes more than one value.

HTH,

Rolf