Answer: Use XSL to "search and replace" between two XML files

Discussion in 'XML' started by Rolf Kemper, Dec 23, 2004.

  1. Rolf Kemper

    Rolf Kemper Guest

    Hi Luke,

    for any reason answering your mail in the usual way did not work yet.
    However, if I undestood it right you have the problem of overwriting
    values in case they exist in a second xml. I had a similar problem
    which could be solved by union.

    So may be you can create something like this

    <xsl:variable "myMerge" select="($nodeset1[some predicate] |
    $nodeSet2[some predicate])[last()]"/>

    This worked for me on a single value. May be it works also if
    $nodesetX[some predicate] describes more than one value.

    HTH,

    Rolf
    Rolf Kemper, Dec 23, 2004