ant and -bootclasspath

Roedy Green

What is the trick is passing a -bootclasspath parm to ANT?

<compilerarg value="-Xbootclasspath E:/Program
Files/Java/jdk1.7.0_02/jre/lib/rt.jar" />

It does not ilke this, presumably because fo the space in
Program_Files.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

markspace

What is the trick is passing a -bootclasspath parm to ANT?

<compilerarg value="-Xbootclasspath E:/Program
Files/Java/jdk1.7.0_02/jre/lib/rt.jar" />

It does not ilke this, presumably because fo the space in
Program_Files.

Don't use a space?

<javac srcdir="src" destdir="classes">
<compilerarg arg="-Xbootclasspath/e:/some/windows/path"/>
</javac>

Roedy Green

Or presumably because you haven't read the documentation and specified the
option correctly. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you read the
manual.

You presumed incorrectly. I read at least ten different explanations,
somewith the X some without, some with examples some without.

None showed what do do when your file name has a space in it, much
less when you are trying to do it with ant.

You don't know the answer, do you. You your just bluffing, so you can
have fun belittling me.

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com
For me, the appeal of computer programming is that
even though I am quite a klutz,
I can still produce something, in a sense
perfect, because the computer gives me as many
chances as I please to get it right.

Roedy Green

Or presumably because you haven't read the documentation and specified the
option correctly. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you read the
manual.

This is not useful information to anyone. Why do you bother?
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com
For me, the appeal of computer programming is that
even though I am quite a klutz,
I can still produce something, in a sense
perfect, because the computer gives me as many
chances as I please to get it right.

Lew

This is not useful information to anyone. Why do you bother?

Since you ask, because you set yourself up as some sort of authority and
champion of the newbie, but how can anyone trust the information you post when
you so adamantly refuse to use even the most elementary documentation? I call
shenanigans on you for that.

Whence do you derive the authority to speak of Java matters? You act so very
offended whenever I suggest that one read the documents. "You have to be a
'language lawyer'." "That information isn't useful."

Well, if the documentation for the product that contains in the obvious place
the very answer to the question you ask is not useful, then what, pray tell,
O Wise Champion of the Newbie, is?