Ant and javadoc problem

Thomas Kellerer

Hello,

I'm having a hard time to build my javadoc using an Ant task.

When I run javadoc from the commandline using:

javadoc -sourcepath src -d javadoc @javadoc.lst

where javadoc.lst contains all my packages, it works fine.

However if I run the following ant target:

<target name="javadoc">
<javadoc destdir="${javadocdir}"
sourcepath="${src}" packagenames="myrootpackage.*"/>
</target>

the ant task hangs forever in the step "Building tree for all the packages and
classes..." which takes about 1 or 2 seconds if run from the commandline. Well,
maybe not really "forever" but I stopped it after about 5 minutes.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

I tried notree="true" in the Ant task, but that doesn't change anything.
The project contains about 600 class files.

The packages reported during the run ("Loading source files for ...") are
identical in both cases. In fact I generated the javadoc.lst file by copy &
pasting the output from the ant task.

This is with JDK 1.5.0_08 on a W2K box.

Cheers
Thomas