ant annotations

Discussion in 'Java' started by kal, Jul 18, 2006.

  1. kal

    kal Guest

    Does anyone know if there are plans to annotate the ant source?

    I was asked to write a tool to write build scripts for non-technical
    people.

    I notice that there is annotations for the ant classes, unless I am
    missing something.

    I assumed that there was a way to specify that copy 's toFile filed was
    supposed to be a string representing a file, or toDir was supposed to
    represent a directory instead of any string.

    I hoped that file would have an annotation say @file("xml"), or @dir

    This task does not seem like it will be very useful unless I have these
    annotations.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    thanks

    kal, Jul 18, 2006