    Has anyone echoed the files copied, so that I can see the file names
    of those files that were copied?

    Thanks

    javaguy44, Jun 16, 2004

  2. javaguy44

    Rob Shepherd Guest

    javaguy44 wrote:
    Has anyone echoed the files copied, so that I can see the file names
    > of those files that were copied?

    Ant will report something like... N files copied, I know this isn't a great help but Ant
    will only copy things which need copying

    eg. New files which don't exist at Dest
    Modified files changed at source

    It won't bother copying anything with equal size and equal timestamp

    HTH

    Rob

    Rob Shepherd, Jun 17, 2004

  3. javaguy44

    JavaJug Guest

    javaguy44 wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Had an apache ant question and hope someone can help me out.
    >
    > I am using the copy task to copy a directory to antoher directory.
    > Has anyone echoed the files copied, so that I can see the file names
    > of those files that were copied?
    >
    > Thanks

    use the "verbose" attribute of the copy task (verbose="yes")
    or "ant -v buildFile.xml" to force all verbose tasks to verbose="yes"
    http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/copy.html
    (Ant Copy task man page)

    JavaJug, Jun 17, 2004
  4. javaguy44

    Tony Morris Guest

    > Ant will report something like... N files copied, I know this isn't a
    great help but Ant
    > will only copy things which need copying
    >
    > eg. New files which don't exist at Dest
    > Modified files changed at source
    >

    > It won't bother copying anything with equal size and equal timestamp

    Check out the "overwrite" attribute of the copy task.

    --
    Tony Morris
    (BInfTech, Cert 3 I.T.)

    Tony Morris, Jun 18, 2004
  5. javaguy44

    javaguy44 Guest

    Thanks JavaJug...I looked at the doc, and just totally missed verbose.

    javaguy44, Jun 21, 2004