ant from command line returns java help syntax?

Burt

I'm an ant/java newbie trying to set up a java based web service for a
third party app (BusinessObjects). Tracing through the .bat files and
installation guide, looks like ant is the problem. When I type

ant -version

or anything starting with ant in a command window I get the java syntax
help. My JAVA_HOME, ANT_HOME and path variables are set correctly. Any
idea what might cause such behavior?

Thanks,

Burt

vahan

If you start ant with ant.bat, and to turn derective "@echo off" to
"@echo on" in top of ant.bat , you can see all out put of this file.
You can see also following line in this:

"java.exe" -classpath "C:\Borland\JBuilder20
06\thirdparty\ant\bin\..\lib\ant-launcher.jar"
"-Dant.home=C:\Borland\JBuilder20
06\thirdparty\ant\bin\.." org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher
This main act to call JVM and ant launcher, you have something wrong in
this lines.