ant ftp and Intellij

matt

This is in response to the JSP post I made the other day. Turns out it
is possible to run an ant target that will ftp the info for me. I am
just having problems setting it up.

Does anyone have any experience with ant ftp, and if so, I am pretty
sure there is a jar I need to put in my classpath - anyone know which
one? I went to the ant project at apache, but the readme doesn't tell
you a whole lot about installing the specific jar, just Ant in general
terms.

Thx,
M@

matt

Hey Paul,

Yes it sure does and if I had read throughly enough I would have
realized that I had skimmed through this section too quickly!! :) I
tried to RTFM, but I guess I need to take a deep breath and slow down
before I get frustrated.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I tried compiling the
jar, but I am not sure that I did it right, or that I even needed to do
it. I downloaded the binary zip from the Ant site - does that mean I
have to compile anything, or can I just unzip it and grab the
jakarta-oro.jar inside it and put the jar in my classpath?

Then, do I have to configure anything in Intellij as long as that jar is
in my class path?

Thanks Paul,
M@

matt

Just as a follow up...

Here is the build.xml file I used, and the added component necessary for
Ant 1.5.x is NetComponents.jar

In case you are going to upgrade to 1.6 anytime soon, you'll need the
commons-net.jar
Build.xml:
<?xml version='1.0'?>
<project name="UpThere" default="upload" basedir=".">
<target name="upload">
<ftp
server="www.DOHmain.com"
remotedir="/public_html/hqtourn/test"
userid="userid"
password="password"
separator="\"
verbose="yes">
<fileset dir="F:\Sites\DOHmain\test">
<include name="*.jsp"/>
</fileset>
</ftp>
</target>
</project>

Wow, I really latched on to this badboy and didn't let go. What a
totally frustrating exercise, but how SWEET it is when it just worked
for me!!! Thanks for all of the help.

M@
If you need the jar files, email me.