    way as to give a warning for missing comments?

    I just wanted to make sure that I / my coworkers know when we forget to
    comment their code.
    kal stevens, Jul 12, 2006

  2. kal stevens

    Andrew T. Guest

    kal stevens wrote:
    > I was wondering if it was possible to use the javadoc task in such a
    > way as to give a warning for missing comments?

    The docs for the JavaDoc Ant task mention it accepts an
    additionalparam ..that "Lets you add additional
    parameters to the javadoc command line. "
    Unfortunately, I could not see an easy way to get JavaDoc
    itself to document/highlight missing comments.

    ...hmmm. Perhaps a custom DocLet?

    > I just wanted to make sure that I / my coworkers know when we forget to
    > comment their code.

    Most IDE's worth their salt will highlight missing javadoc tags.
    (Just a thought.)

    Andrew T.
    Andrew T., Jul 12, 2006

  3. kal stevens

    Daniel Dyer Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:20:18 +0100, Andrew T. <>
    wrote:

    > kal stevens wrote:
    >> I was wondering if it was possible to use the javadoc task in such a
    >> way as to give a warning for missing comments?

    > The docs for the JavaDoc Ant task mention it accepts an
    > additionalparam ..that "Lets you add additional
    > parameters to the javadoc command line. "
    > Unfortunately, I could not see an easy way to get JavaDoc
    > itself to document/highlight missing comments.
    >
    > ..hmmm. Perhaps a custom DocLet?
    >
    >> I just wanted to make sure that I / my coworkers know when we forget to
    >> comment their code.

    > Most IDE's worth their salt will highlight missing javadoc tags.
    > (Just a thought.)
    >
    > Andrew T.

    Another option would be to use Checkstyle with Ant. You could even set it
    up so that the build fails if the codes isn't commented properly (perhaps
    a bit extreme).

    Dan.

    --
    Daniel Dyer