ANT Parameters

Rod

I have an ant script which requires at least two targets
to be specified.

Is there a way with core ant tasks or ant-contrib tasks to validate the
number of targets specified when the ant script is invoked ?

Thanks.

SMC

I have an ant script which requires at least two targets to be
specified.

Is there a way with core ant tasks or ant-contrib tasks to validate the
number of targets specified when the ant script is invoked ?

Thanks.

Without knowing clearly why you need to invoke two targets in this manner,
would it not be better to have the 2nd one have a dependency on the 1st
one? That way if someone invoked the 2nd without the first, you're
covered anyway.

<target name="1st">
<echo message="1st target invoked"/>
</target>

<target name="2nd" depends="1st">
<echo message="2nd target invoked"/>
</target>

[sean@se2 sean]$ ant
Buildfile: build.xml

1st:
[echo] 1st target invoked

2nd:
[echo] 2nd target invoked

But perhaps your build is more complicated than that. Using dependency is
the ant style though.